Chapter 7

After breakfast, Charlotte heads to the Duke's office.

"Father."

The duke hurries up from his seat and calls the maid to prepare some tea.

"Hello, Charlotte. Anything on your mind?"

"Ah yes, I want permission to leave whenever I want to." Charlotte said while sipping on tea.

The duke hesitated for a second, but agreed.

When the duke got up from his seat Charlotte also added.

"I also want to learn the art of the sword."

The duke turned his head around in shock,

"What? Absolutely not! What kind of lady wants to learn sword..!"

"Me. Do you have a problem?"

"I.. I do. You ladies should be proper and not be handling such heavy metal objects around."

Charlotte snapped,

"Excuse me? What gives you the right to say that? What if I get endangered? What if I don't know how to protect myself? You saw how good my throwing skills were. Do you e-"

The duke cut her off,

"No."

"Jerk," Charlotte let out but it was inaudible.

Charlotte storms out of the office.

Bastard.

Charlotte grabs a hooded coat and wooden sword and proceeds to go to the training grounds despite her father's words.

She practices swinging for hours. Her determination was incredible. She felt like she could spar for hours on end. Like she could defeat anyone she wanted.

??? POV:

Hohoho what do we have here..

The person stares at Charlotte from afar without getting noticed. They run back to somewhere.

Third person POV:

It finally turns dark, Charlotte was starving as she trained too much. She goes to the night market to buy some food.

The smell of freshly cooked meat was so spellbinding.

She hurries to a stall and buys pork on a stick and ate it while stars started to form from her eyes.

Ain was passing by and saw Charlotte eating dozens of meat skewers.

"Hey!"

Charlotte stares at him while her mouth was filled with food while chewing.

They just made eye contact, not another word was spoken.

Awkward tension started forming around them. Ain then said,

"Well, it's a surprise seeing you here again.."

Charlotte finally finished chewing and swallowing her food.

"Yeah, haha sorry I was chewing."

"Don't need to state the obvious."

"Wanna get a drink?"

"I'm up. Your treat right?"

"Ehh, what kinda man are you.."

"Not my fault you asked me out to drink."

Ain rolls his eyes

"I'm kidding, I'm paying. Let's go!"

They head over to the bar for some drinks but saw a man with a dagger going up to young woman.

He was about to kill her for whatever random reason.

EH?

Charlotte thinking fast takes out her wooden sword and jumps in front of the man blocking his path to the woman.

"Little girl, run along now or you're gonna get hurt! Do not interfere with my business."

"What did she do to you?"

"She deceived my feelings!"

"That doesn't give you the right to kill her you psycho!"

Suddenly, the man charged towards Charlotte causing her to block the attack. The wooden sword however wasn't comprehending the dagger very well as the material was stronger than the sword itself.

Fuck, I can't hold him back this wooden sword is absolute dogshit.

"Run woman! Hurry up!"

The woman runs out the bar as quick as lightning.

"How dare you let her get away! I'll kill you!"

Charlotte didn't back out and infused divine energy into her wooden sword causing it to be 10x stronger than it was before.

Perks of being the greatest goddess you know!

The dagger flew up into the air and landed on the floor board sticking up straight.

"How..." the man said when he backed up from Charlotte.

"I don't have to answer that, scoot along."

Charlotte couldn't kill him there as people were watching, many people surrounded the two while watching them fight, including Ain.

"Hey man, I'm not in the mood to commit bloodshed right now so can you get out."

The man ran out the exit as fast as he could, he practically dashed out the door in just under a second.

Charlotte sighed and realised people were still staring at her.

"Haha? Hi?"

She smiled awkwardly.

People finally went back to their seats and enjoyed themselves but kept talking about the fight that happened a second ago.

"I really need a drink to clear up my mind right now," Charlotte said sulking.

"You were really cool back there."

"I'm always cool."

Charlotte turns her gaze to the bartender.

"Hey bartender, two drinks please."

The bartender prepared two large glasses of beer.

That's what I'm talking bout' aye!

Charlotte was chugging the whole glass while people started to chant.

"Go! Go! Go!"

"I'm done!"

The crowd cheered and Charlotte was proud, Ain was just there chuckling and getting along with the other people that were there.

After paying, Charlotte had her hand wrapped around Ain since she was half sober.

"I might vomit, ggehhhg"

"Gross, wait till you arrive home."

"I had a lot of fun today! I almost killed someone.. hehe!"

"You act like that's a good thing."

"But it was a bad guy, wasn't he."

"Yeah yeah whatever."

Ain got Charlotte some water to help her sober up a little.

Charlotte still seemed hung over although she had enough energy to walk back home.

"Thanks man, see you next time. Thanks for the water."

"It was nothing. Good night."

Charlotte was too lazy to enter from the entrance and just went in through the secret hole and got into her room.

What an eventful night, I'm exhausted.

Charlotte wandered off into dream land.