Chapter 15

It's the fifth day at the academy, advisors gave the students a day to rest as they counted who passed.

They have called all the students to see the results on the school board.

Charlotte went to check the school board, she over heard a student say,

"Huh? I thought there were only passed and failed. Why is there an extra?"

Charlotte was curious and ran up to the school board, she didn't see her name on the "passed" section.

Did I fail..?

Charlotte checked the "failed" section, her name wasn't there either.

She realised the third section, "elite." Only her name was in that section.

EH? JUST ME?

The prince walked up to her, "Elite huh?"

"What the fuck, you almost gave me a heart attack."

"That's no way to talk to royalty."

"Didn't you say yourself that I didn't have to use formalities."

"Didn't you decline?"

"Well it isn't too late to change my mind right?"

"I guess so, well congrats. Elite must mean something right?"

"I guess. Well I see you passed."

"Yeah I was able to go through either way since I'm royalty."

"As expected. I have to go now. See ya Elijah."

Charlotte walks off,

"She called me by my name." Elijah whispers to himself.

-

At her dorm,

Someone knocks on the door, Huston goes to check who came to stop by. It was a professor.

"I'd like to speak to Charlotte Alpheus please."

Charlotte walks behind from Huston,

"That would be me, let's go out and have a chat."

"Well, the head master has called for you. Please follow me to her office."

"Ah, I see. Alright."

Charlotte follows behind the Professor and waves to Huston.

-
At the head masters office,

"You've arrived. So, do you like your rank? You're the only one who has it."

"Thank you for the rank, although I'm quite embarrassed on how I was the only one who had that."

"Haha, it's something you should be proud of. Although, I do understand you. Have you thought about being my acquaintance?"

"I don't see why not, although I have a few conditions. First of all, I don't want to follow you around like a pesk, I still have student things to attend to. Second, I want my custom uniform to be made."

"We've got a deal."

"I shall take my leave now, thank you. Head mistress."

"Before you go, your custom black uniform is already at your dorm. I knew you were going to agree so I thought before hand. There's a special surprise awaiting you soon during my speech."

"Thank you, I'll be looking forward to it."

-
-
-

It's the day when the guardians arrive to check the results and bring home the failed children.

Every student standing there was wearing their uniform, Charlotte stood out with her black uniform.

Head mistress: "Congrats to the ones who have passed the entrance exam. I am proud of each and every one of you, but this doesn't mean that from this point forward it's going to be easier. I wish you all the best luck the rest of the school year."

"There's also another announcement I'd like to make, please welcome Charlotte Alpheus to the stage."

Charlotte, surprised. She still went up the stage and stood next to the head mistress.

"As you all can see, I've gain a liking towards this student. From the school board, there's an "elite" section whereas only Charlotte's name was in. She has a black uniform, and from this day onwards she will be my acquaintance. Treat her with respect."

Eh?

"I hope you all enjoy this day with your parents. Don't feel too bad for yourselves for not being able to pass. Remember there's always next year."

-

Emilia runs to her parents while Asher and Charlotte follows from behind.

"I didn't make it aghhhhh!" Emilia whines to her parents.

"It's okay Emilia, you tried." The duchess tried to comfort her.

"You've raised a bar for the Alpheus family. I'm proud of you, Charlotte. You too Asher, congrats on passing." The duke said.

"Thanks father." Asher said.

"It wasn't a big deal anyway. You guys can have fun while I go do some things."

"But-"

"It's urgent."

It wasn't urgent at all, Charlotte just wanted to do her own things and found her family a nuisance.

Charlotte was passing by multiple parents and students, Huston from afar called.

"Hey Charlotte! My parents want to meet you!"

"Eh? Okay."

Charlotte walks from her position over to Huston's.

"Mother, Father." This is my roommate, Charlotte Alpheus.

"Ahhh, I see. So this is the elite first year student and roommate of my son." His mother said excitedly.

"You've got a fine woman on your hands, son." His father said afterwards.

"FATHER DON'T SAY THAT!" Huston yelled in embarrassment.

They look like a nice family, even for a noble himself. You don't see children of nobles get along with their parents very often.

"Greetings Miss and Mister Lorel." Charlotte says as she curtseys.

"A woman with manners, you don't see that around here that much anymore."

"Being respectful is always a crucial part to gain someone's favour." Charlotte says as she smiles.

"Smart girl."

"I see you're having fun with your parents, I have some errands to run. I'll see you at the dormitory."

Charlotte excuses herself and goes to the school garden. She sees Ain standing there.

Hm, what's he doing here?

"Hi Ain, why are you here?"

"Huh? I'm a second year in this academy."

"Woah."

"Why are you surprised, Miss Elite."

"Don't call me that."

Someone else pops up, it's a girl and she's blushing.

"A-ain. I-"

"I have to apologise, I don't have feelings for you."

The girl runs away crying.

"You didn't even let her finish speaking."

"Yeah but I already knew what was gonna happen. I keep getting confessions and I find it irritating."

Hm, now that I think about it. Ain is really attractive.

Eh? What am I thinking about.

"It's been awhile since I've last seen you. Wanna go out today? I don't see your parents and we got a free day today and a week before class."

"Hm, sure."

They went to the capital.