Chapter 26

It's been months since that day, finals week are coming up. The students of the student council have been getting along very well. The students in the academy have been respecting them.

"Hello class, as you all may know. Finals week is just right around the corner. Which is also next week. Monday will be history, Tuesday will be math, Wednesday will be language, Thursday will be sword training and lastly for Friday will be mana training."

All the students felt anxious for finals as it is said to be one of the hardest trials a student will face. Of course Charlotte didn't think much of it. Even if she did get a good score she wouldn't mind eyes on her as she has gotten used to it. Today's class was the only day that they had to attend class as they had to study for the huge exam the upcoming week.

When the classes finish, she went to the student council room where she found the three looking frustrated and had an anxious aura around them.

"Why are you all so gloomy?" Charlotte says as she takes a seat.

"Finals week." The three say in sync. Staring dead in the eye at Charlotte.

"I don't think it would be that bad. Once our exam results get unveiled, we'll have a three months break."

The academies of the continent's kingdoms are different from others. From February to October they will have to attend the academy unless there are special days or weeks that they can spend time off, a public holiday. As for November to January, they will be able to spend three months time preparing for a new school year.

"Finals week is horrendous." They all say and nod in agreement.

"How bad is it?"

"I shall explain. For the regular in class subjects, they make us do 40 pages with 200 varieties of questions. Then for sword training they make us do terribly difficult obstacles. For mana training we will have to do tasks depending on what mana energy our instructors have taught us. You said you learned flame and growth energy right? The teacher will make you burn and regrow the tree. Most likely the baobab tree since it's the most fire resistant and it grows to nearly a hundred feet tall."

Charlotte stared at them incredulity. She couldn't believe it.

"..."

"May I ask, what were your grades last year?"

They all shared the same, 'I'm a disappointment' look.

Ain started off, "Surprisingly, I did pretty decent. I was the top of my grade. From all the hundred points each class I had gotten a good 410."

Damon said second, "I did above average, although sword training wasn't something I fancied. I had to stay in bed after some serious injuries. All my muscles were tensed and it was hard to move for weeks. I got a 390."

Mabel finished, "I did pretty okay, my mana instructor last year was a bit sketchy. Mate was giving me a hard time! I got a 370."

"Well, I mean those are pretty good grades."

-------------------------
Xiezuo Academy's grading system went like this,

Failing:<200

D:200-250

C:251-320

B:321-395

A:396-499

S:500
-------------------------
Barely anyone got A's. The S grade was made for people to try their hardest to achieve it. It was part of their motivation after all. Although nobody in history has ever gotten the S grade.

"Has anyone received the S grade?"

"Sadly no."

"Ah i see. Well, do you guys need help for finals? I can teach you all sorts of stuff. We do have a week break before finals to study. How bout it? Shall we study together? Sharing information with one another is a nice way to bond and learn isn't it?"

"Sure." The three said to Charlotte.

"Let's start of with the basic subjects and we can work our way to sword training and mana training. Tomorrow at the library at 7 .a.m sharp. Don't be late."

-
The next day, they all gathered in the library.

"I invited Huston over because it seems that he has been struggling as well."

They shared greetings and continued.

"Okay, although I'm still a first year. I shall be your instructor for the whole week. We shall start with advanced history first."

Charlotte was great at history since she's seen it all with her eyes. She was the great Estella De Velle after all. They didn't doubt her at all considering her full marks during mid terms.

Charlotte taught them 5000 years of history and forced them to engrave important notes into their heads for hours. She asked them many questions, if she got them wrong she would force them to memorise it till they got them right. If she was a professor she'd be the strictest. The three students of the student council did decently while Huston fell a bit behind. It was alright though as Charlotte didn't go easy on him either.

"Quit slacking."

Finally, the day came to an end. The four students were exhausted by all the memorising and went to the cafeteria to eat. Charlotte followed them. Some students saw how intense Charlotte was at teaching. Even stricter than professors at the academy.

"Good work guys, if you ever forget about what I taught you in the test. You won't see the light of day next time you meet me." Charlotte says as she puts on a soft smile.

They were all afraid of her now, but they still ate and had conversations with her since she was their friend after all.

The next two days Charlotte did the same and engraved math formulas and advanced, gracious words into their heads till it burned into their brains.

Some of the students also decided to join Charlotte's extreme training and memorising and Charlotte welcomed them with open arms. The more the merrier right?

"Charlotte, don't you need time to study?" Someone asked.

"As you know, when I teach people I always have to be better than you all in the subject I'm teaching right? Teaching you all is basically studying for me as I'm recalling what I've learned. If you really want to pass finals you should memorise everything I've said."

Her students all listened to her attentively for the rest of the hours while taking breaks to eat or quickly run to the bathroom. It was an exhausting three days but the upcoming two days would be worse. Obstacle courses and mana training. It won't be easy for the students of Charlotte. They all went to sleep while mentally preparing themselves.