Chapter 39

2 years go by since then. Charlotte and Huston are now seniors, so is Asher and Elijah. Ain has became an advisor of Xiezuo Academy and is an assistant working for the head mistress, getting money while at it. Emilia finally passed the entrance exam and is now a first year.

Some days into February, it was a Monday. Which also means Valentine's Day was around the corner. Regardless of the rumours of Ain and Charlotte dating people still chased after them.

Before class the trio were sitting at their table eating, the crown prince Elijah went up to Charlotte and kissed her hand.

"Good morning malady."

"I'm uninterested."

Charlotte didn't care anymore and just kept eating.

"I annulled my engagement with Emilia for you, my goddess."

"..."

Charlotte was shocked since she didn't expect him to annul his engagement. Well, it was expected anyway. He's a player after all but still after years of being engaged. Of course she knew It wasn't love, all it was was a political marriage.

"I don't care."

Charlotte said as she kept eating.

"I'm royalty, and you dare speak such words to me?"

"I'm the ruler of gods and I can burn your whole kingdom in one blow. Who's more superior?"

Elijah didn't care and went off irritated, he failed to pursue her once again.

"Great work threatening someone of high ranks." Huston said sarcastically.

"He knows I'm not someone to be messed with so I don't really care."

"She's mine anyway." Ain mumbles to himself.

"What did you say?" Huston and Charlotte asked.

"Hm. Nothing."

-

The first three periods were over, it was swordsman class now. Professor Hemsworth starts off the class,

"Greetings class, today I will teach you all how to release your auras. How big ur aura means how strong and powerful you are. Firstly close your eyes, think of something or someone you absolutely despise. Think your charging at them with your full energy aiming to slaughter them. Your aura will slowly leak out you. You need to have full concentration though."

Each of the students follow the professor's instructions and auras start leaking out some amounts were big and some were small.

Charlotte's aura stood out the most of course, she thought about murdering the crown prince of Wynknight, Elrod and Dianly. Why are crown princes so dog shit? she thought to herself.

Not even once of the three kingdoms has she met a decent prince except Ain, of course.

Her aura glowed of gold, to the point where you could see her eyes shine too. Well whatever she was thinking about must've fired her up.

"Great work everyone class is dismissed."

Charlotte walked to the cafeteria when Huston came running to her following behind her. They went to their table with their food in hand then sat down to enjoy. Ain was already there waiting for the two.

While they were eating a girl who was a sophomore came up to the table.

"Hey... A-"

Ain cuts her off, "No."

She ran to her friends sobbing from rejection.

"What a cruel man." Huston said.

Then a man approached Charlotte.

"I-"

"No." He got cut off by Charlotte before he could even finish his word. The man walked off disappointed.

"Cruel woman. Both are you are so cruel. Why don't I get confessions too." Huston said sulking.

"Not our fault we're more attractive than you are." Charlotte says jokingly with sarcasm.

"I might not be on the same level of attractiveness as you two are but I'm still hot."

"Whatever you say." Ain said.

"It's okay bro, you'll find a girlfriend soon." Charlotte tried to comfort him.

"You might have some luck on this year's valentines festival." Ain said.

"There's a valentines festival?" Charlotte and Huston questioned.

"Yup. Wanna go together? Of course it's gonna be held on Valentine's Day." Ain asked.

"Am I gonna be a third wheel again?" Huston asked with puppy eyes.

"No promises." They both said and ignored his eyes.

"It's a chance to attend a match making date there." Charlotte said.

"Good point. How many days till Valentine's Day again?" Huston asked.

"6 days from now, it's on Saturday." Ain said.

Ain finished his meal and patted Charlotte's head, it was a normal routine that started randomly.

"I don't get how you two aren't dating yet." Huston said.

"Eh. Well I don't know either." Charlotte says as she gets up from her seat.

Well maybe I can prepare some chocolate for Ain. Does he even like chocolate though.

Charlotte was gonna get him chocolate anyways so it doesn't matter.

Four days later, when class ended. Charlotte hurried her assignments and scouting. She got dressed and hurried up onto a carriage to the capital.

The capital was half decorated with valentines days decorations already and it looked amazing, wondering what it would look like fully decorated.

Charlotte was walking around and stopped at a chocolate shop. Charlotte browsed through different types of chocolate, she stumbled across a box of different kinds of chocolate with different flavours from citrusy to sweet.

"Miss, could I pick out these chocolates?" Charlotte asks the woman working there while pointing at the chocolates she was eyeing.

"I see you bought the variety combo. Are you buying it for your lover?"

"He's not my lover.."

"Mhm sure, good luck!"

She's so full of optimism.

Charlotte grabbed a bag of chocolates and smiled at the woman then left the shop to go back to her own office.

She ran to her office with a bag in her hand and luckily she arrived unnoticed. Her office had a mini fridge and she stored the chocolates in it. Hiding the chocolates with an invisibility spell.