Chapter 11

-

-

-

A carriage arrived in the afternoon at the Duke's estate, it was a letter for Charlotte. Surprisingly, it was a tea party from Lady White, Lilith White. The girl who bullied Charlotte when she was 10, the one who would throw random objects at her, injuring her. Yet her family didn't do anything about it and just watched.

It was really a bad memory, Estella felt really bad for Charlotte too. Even though after all these years of verbal and psychical abuse, she decides to invite Charlotte to a tea party?

Charlotte declines the offer and has her own private tea party, which consists of only herself. Calling a maid, the maid prepares rose tea with a splendid fragrance. Putting 2 sugar cubes into her tea, Charlotte sips the tea while getting lost in thoughts.

The invitation rose a flame inside of her, thinking of what Lilith would've done if she did attend. Of course, she would've felt a huge amount of regret.

Charlotte trying to avoid the thought of Lilith, starred down at her necklace. Picking up the necklace while she was still wearing it. The jeweled stone attached to the necklace, dangling in her hand, moving from left to right. It was really pretty, a crescent metal piece with a small deep blue crystal on it. Thinking about him, wondering if she should return the favor and give him a gift too.

Charlotte, determined as ever. Stands up while her hands slam against the table, grabs her coin pouch and goes off into the capital. Going into jewelry shops, hoping to find a one of a kind crystal.

After a long day, she finally finished going through every single jewelry store in the capital. She did pick out and bought some shining stones for herself and Lorenzo.

-

She goes back to the estate and she saw someone, Lilith White.

What is she doing here?

Lilith spots Charlotte and shoots her a dagger glare, walking up her raising her hand while aiming to slap her. Charlotte grabs her hand, stopping in mid-air. Charlotte glares at Lilith while letting her hand go, dark aura appeared around Charlotte, like some kind of beast.

Lilith fell down and backed away, pushing her legs away from Charlotte. Charlotte walked beside her facing the opposite direction Lilith was looking at and stopped,

"Know your place, stupid marquess's kid. I'm not the same 10 year old you use to pick on."

She said with a cold tone, cold as ice.

Lilith's face turned completely pale, in fright. While Charlotte walked away with a smirk on her face.

-

In the main living room,

"Have you met with Lilith yet?" asked her brother.

"Yup."

"Did she do anything to you?"

"Nope."

"You sure?"

"Yep." She said with a smile on her face.

Lilith came to the living room, pale as ever.

She took at seat and Emilia asked her,

"Why is your face so pale?"

Charlotte turns her gaze to Lilith, eyeing her.

Lilith stutters in horror,

"N-nothing happened, I just need some fresh air you know? Haha..?