Chapter 22

Flashback:

It was 5 thousand years before Estella's reign as she has not fully awaken her divine powers yet. She was only still mid-tier goddess. Well, she was really enjoying life as she didn't have to do work.

She had a friend named Ezekiel, well that was his last name. He refused to tell her his first name but she didn't mind.

She had two other friends named Julius and Alia. The three were mid tiers but Ezekiel refused to reveal his rank. They understood and spent the time together all the time.

They went through different realms together disguised as humans. It was really fun and they enjoyed it a bunch.

They ate human foods, which were surprisingly very good as gods don't need food or water to survive. They're immortal gods after all.

-

Ezekiel and Estella were the closest out of the four, they'd spend their time together all the time and travel through different realms.

Well that was until they accidentally hopped into the forbidden monster realm. It was dark and eerie, they didn't know what to do and was afraid.

Monsters coexisted with Gods and they were the only things that could corrupt a God's soul.

They were running deeper into the realm but they didn't know it, it was too hard to see the light exit. A high tier monster ran up to them, looking for it's next feast.

They ran and ran, but the high tier monster chased them with maximum speed. It was a dead end, Ezekiel and Estella were cornered.

"I'll hold him back, Ella run for your life!"

"I can't leave you here!"

"Please."

The monster walked up to them, his mouth drooling. Ezekiel pushes away Estella and watched as Ezekiel get devoured by the monster.

His final words were, "I love you."

Estella's eyes flowed with tears as she ran, a light portal had appeared in front of her eyes and a hand pulled through to grab her. It was Julius, Alia standing beside him.

"What's the matter?"

"Ezekiel. He!"

Estella couldn't comprehend her closest friend dying right in front of her, she kept stuttering when she tried explaining. Completely traumatised by the scene.

They cast a spell on Estella so she would forget how Ezekiel looked like to calm her down.

After awhile, she went to the holy well and swore upon for Ezekiel's sake that she would kill monsters that harmed the gods. Seeking vengeance.

5 thousand years later, she went through her awakening. She killed countless of monsters and deemed a nicknamed, "God of us all."

She became the highest ranking goddess and managed all the god's duties. She continued doing this just for Ezekiel's sake. Always remembering his last words.

-

Charlotte hears screams in her ear,

"Wake up! Charlotte!" Ain yells.

Charlotte sits up straight as her sweat runs down her face.

"You didn't wake up early and I found that strange, when I came into your room you were sweating and and panting in your sleep."

"Ah, sorry. I was having a nightmare."

"I see, are you okay? Did you think about what happened last night?"