Chapter 31

Since the banquet was a night, the two decided decided to look around the area. There were floral forest themed graffiti painted on the wall. It made it look better for a tourist destination. A mesmerising sight.

They went through different boutiques to window-shop. Charlotte realises that the dresses she brought to Elrod was completely unfit for the occasion as the theme of the royal banquet would most likely be floral themed.

Charlotte grasped onto Ain's arm, pulling him to every tailor shop there was. A dress caught her eye, it was a pink layered dress with lace delicately placed onto the dress, various white flowers attached the the waist section of the dress with see through soft elegant sleeves. There were matching dangling pink earrings that went with the dress.

She was captivated by the flowing beauty of the dress. It was just right for the banquet, an elegant floral dress fit for a palace yet perfect for the theme. She bought the dress happily and carried the bag of clothes and accessories along her walk.

They stopped by at the book cafe to rest, it was only 3pm. There was only 4 four hours for them to explore and get ready for the royal banquet.

As it was a book cafe, Charlotte stood up to browse through the books displayed on the shelves for the customers who come by. She picked up a history book, fascinated by the contents inside. She decided to riffle through it.

Basic knowledge about Elrod section.
Elrod is known for their elf and human alliance. The Elrod Kingdom is also the biggest forming country. It consists of the first king's land and Elrod's land.

The royal bloodline.
There has already been 30 generations from the Elrod and human alliance. The first king from this alliance of Elrod was named Michael Valic Medaliam, but eventually took the name of Michael Valic Elrod. The first queen of Elrod was Evelyn Charm Elrod. The both fell inlove despite their species, eventually forming an alliance as the two got married.

-

It is said that the current king and queen have three sons. The first son named Nicholas Cole Elrod, the third named Alvin Brice Elrod. The second has been deemed unknown as the royal family refused to disclose any information about the missing prince. Only a few know where he has ran off too. No one knows when he will return.

"So many mentions of the missing second prince. Now I'm curious." Charlotte mumbles to herself.

After riffling through the pages of the history book, she closed it and placed it back on the shelf. Returning back to her seat where desserts were already set on their table as Ain has already ordered. She couldn't hold back her excitement and tried the delicacies, they were out of this world. It was sweet, like a bomb of happiness has just exploded in her mouth. Her expression shown it all.

Ain just watched her eat the desserts as the palm on his hand presses against his cheek and elbow on the table. The other hand placed flat on the surface. They both were enjoying their time there. After they ate, they returned back to their inn.

Finally, it was time where they were supposed to prepared for the royal banquet. Charlotte wore the dress she bought earlier, it was a floor length dress. She was beautiful, she applied natural make up and looked into the body length mirror. Her looks were bewitching, as expected. Nobody would dare expect less from Charlotte Alpheus. The deemed hero that people claimed.

Charlotte was very proud of how she had done with her outfit and looks. She glanced at Ain, he was looking way more attractive than usual. He was fit but wasn't the type of guy who was extremely buff. Just Charlotte's type.

"Way to go Charlotte, you're exceedingly good looking tonight."

"You can say the same for yourself. Let's hurry onto the carriage, we have to arrive at the palace."