Chapter 43

As they hop through different realms, they accidentally jump into the monster realm. As gods are powerful, monsters are the same. They're opposite beings who are created to make balance. The universe had a hold of itself.

Julius and Alia shivered in fear, on the other hand Estella looked cold and expressionless. Everything she experience in this realm were full of horror, she lost her dearest friend here.

Ever since Estella fully awakened her eyes powers, she would come here to train with the risk of her soul corrupting. Every time she slay a monster, she would be reminded of the time her dear friend sacrificed himself for her. It was a revenge she couldn't let go for a long time, not even now. She felt guilty and went into a phase of stress and depression till she finally tried to forgive herself. Although she knows from the bottom of her heart she would never forgive herself.

They saw dark figures from every angle charging them, not wanting to ruin their fun day. Estella hurried and opened a different realm portal and pushed them in, following them.

It was filled with mountains of different heights and sizes. They were at the highest peak of the mountains. They sat down and gazed at the beautifully view displayed in front of them.

Estella remembered a bittersweet memory hidden in her longest memories. Ezekiel and Estella had jumped through their favourite different realms and vented out to each other or just genuinely had a fun chat.

Julius and Alia had insisted on going back as it was getting late, Estella stayed behind and sat quietly for a moment. She was finally alone, the light breeze gently hit her face and she let out a loud exhale. She then let out all the tears she has been holding in for a long time and cried till she was satisfied. She acted like a vulnerable child, it was rather embarrassing but had lifted off a small burden that had been hidden deep in her heart.

Her eyes were swollen, she felt relieved and glad that she was able to come back. She healed her swollen eyes and stood up determined. She then proceeded to hop back to the original god realm. The shining moon shone brightly, stars were scattered in the night sky.

She headed back into her own palace and had a delightful meal. Afterwards, she returned to her chambers for a soundless sleep. Her face seemed more relaxed.

-

The next morning, Charlotte woke up and stretched her arms. She had a comfortable sleep and went to dress. Today, duty calls. Estella had to greet the officials and discuss about handling matters.

She wore a white button up shirt with a black suit, she looked like an entrepreneur. Estella walked off into the main meeting room where the officials have already gathered up in. They all had a serious expression on their faces.

They started discussing realm's different affairs and how monsters kept getting through the barrier. Estella had assigned people to enhance the world's barrier. They then went on about producing new items and constructing more buildings. Some agreed and some disagreed with different ideas, they were all into this long meeting. The meeting finally ended and plans have finally been set. Estella got out of the meeting room and let out a huge sigh in relief.

She then went to do her normal duties of paperwork and greeting more of the higher ups. Firstly, she went to her office to completely mountains of paperwork, she swiftly finished them in a few hours. Next, she visited buildings that belonged to higher ranks and made plans with each and every one of them.

It hit midnight, time really flies. Although gods didn't have to consume food or water they still did for the fun of it. Plus they were tasty. Estella went over to a bar built in pleasure of the gods and eyes landed on her.

She sat as she orders a large glass of beer, she drowned herself in drinks and spent the lasting hours chatting with different gods. She was on the verge of being unconscious, she reached her limit. Not wanting to pass out in the bar, she hurriedly teleported to her palace and went back her room.

A boring day indeed but at least she got things done like a normal ruler would. She had dozed off already without noticing, it felt natural. She let go of her worries as she has already done everything she should've.

The following day she just wanted to enjoy her time back home. She went to the huge town and browsed through different shops, greeting familiar faces along the way. They were very surprised and happy to see her .

There was a god many called the god of abhor. He was filled with hatred and loathed everyone in his path. He aimed for the throne and power numerous times. Of course everyone disapproved of this matter, even if he was to team up with the greedy gods stripped of their titles they still wouldn't be able to fight the crazy amount of other gods. He accidentally stumbled across Estella while at the town. He loudly announced,

"Estella De Velle! Battle me for the throne!"

"No." Charlotte responded irritated.

"Are you afraid of me?"

"I don't need to be afraid of insolent gods like you who only crave power. I doubt you would have others supporting and approving your rise to the throne. You are not fit as the highest tiered god, back down."

Those words shook his anger and rage rose from within him. Of course, no one wanted to be pathetically looked down on, especially mocked. A god like him possessed the power of shadows and he summoned them to capture Estella.

She noticed shade and clouds of black were surrounding her, she immediately understood what was happening. Estella was a person who possessed many mighty powers, one of those were the power of light. She quickly surrounded herself with rays of light to clear the shadows, they retreated instantly in fear.

Charlotte turned her head back slightly just enough to see her eyes.

"A god of greed will never be able to surpass me. A good leader would risk their souls for their citizens. Not sit there idly and flex their tyranny. Think again when you say that I'm afraid of you. Im just saving you from a person like myself. It's you who's gonna suffer from my wrath once I reveal it." Charlotte spoke, making the god of abhor tremble before her. She walked off and enjoyed the rest of her day trip.