55.One step ahead

~song of the day~
  Let you down - NF

  ~song of the day~   Let you down - NF

Gray's POV

After dropping Zyair off at another hospital, I head over to Kayden's headquarters. My determination was fierce. I needed to put an end to everything once and for all. Kayden called earlier and said he had new information about Enzo. I hoped that it was precisely what I needed he had- an edge over Luca. My eyes flicker to the USB I got from Jay before he died- I had something for him too.

I dial Dove's number again, tapping my icy fingers on the steering wheel. Agitated when she doesn't pick, I switch to Ashley's cell but end up with the same results.

Turning my gaze out, the sun is setting- its bright orange glow hovering above the horizon in the distance. Tightening my grip on the steering wheel, I floor the pedal- even though I didn't think it could get any lower-, propelling me further into my seat.

Ignoring all traffic signs, I jolt the car forward. I couldn't care less if the police were on my trail. As expected, I get to Kayden's headquarters at a record time.

I'm walking into Kayden's office when Aaron calls. I swipe and answer. "Yes?"

"God, Thank God you're okay," Aaron sighs dramatically. "I saw the news about the fire, and Dove's number wasn't going through-"

I take in a sharp breath at the mention of her name. I was prepared to kill both Luca and Fawn if they so much as hurt a hair on her head. I wasn't going to let it slide this time.

"Is Dove okay?" Aaron's voice is lower.

It killed me that I didn't know the definite answer to that question, but I sure hope for their sake that she was.

"Luca has her."

"How? She was with you a few hours ago?" Aaron asks.

"I can't explain this over the phone. Meet me at Kayden's office," I end the call at the same moment my eyes meet Kayden's. He gestures towards his office with his head, and I follow suit.

"Take a candy. Have a drink, " Kayden says, settling on his chair, his hands grazing over the candy jar on his table.

"I have a favor to ask you," I ignore his previous comment, placing my hands on his desk. "They took her again."

"They?" Kayden folds his arms, leaning on his desk. "Luca and Enzo?"

I nod. "Can you look up the name Fawn Welts?"

"Fawn Welts?" Kayden raises his brows, typing on his computer. "That name sounds oddly familiar. Who is she?" 

"She's a friend to my girlfriend, but I think she might be involved with Luca," I explain, shaking my legs impatiently on the ground.

"Yes! Luca! That's where I know her from," Kayden explains, jolting from his seat. He turns his laptop to me. "She's his sister."

On his screen was a picture of a young girl I had never seen before. She had short red hair, visibly tan skin, green eyes, and looked like someone who'd come out from a Peter Pan movie.