30. Secrets of the past

~song of the day~
Blinding Lights - The weekend

I'm dressed in all black as I sit on the edge of my bed, blaming myself over and over again for Garry's death

I'm dressed in all black as I sit on the edge of my bed, blaming myself over and over again for Garry's death. I wasn't sad but angry with myself.

We had wasted a lot of time before getting the test done, going through the week like a dying person's survival didn't depend on me even though it did.

Someone knocks on my door, and Gray walks in dressed in a black turtle neck and black pants with a black blazer. He looked ridiculously gorgeous dressed in formal attire, but I wasn't in the mood to bask his beauty.

He walks to me and squats to stare at my face, tilting his hand as he folded his hands on his laps

He walks to me and squats to stare at my face, tilting his hand as he folded his hands on his laps. "Whatever it is you're doing, stop."

I raise my head and stare at him, bringing my hand to trace the outline of his jaw. "I'm fine, " I smile softly.

"You're lying, " He narrows his eyes at me.

"No, I'm not, " I shake my head. "As you can see, I seated, " I gesture dramatically with my hands.

He chuckles and ruffles my hair gently before intertwining his hands in mine. "I just don't want you to blame yourself, " he says.

"You do not owe him anything, so don't guilt yourself into thinking that it's your, " He says and pulls me up to stand with him.

I bite my lips nervously, unsure of what to believe. The truth was I could have saved Garry, but didn't. Gray pulls my lower lips out gently from between my teeth. "Can you not?"

"Sorry, " I mutter and pull him out of the room before one thing leads to another.

Dad is waiting for me downstairs, nervously pacing the living room. He has been doing that a lot lately, along with eating late, not washing up, biting his nails, walking on eggshells around me.

I knew he blamed himself for not telling me sooner about Garry, but I didn't blame him. I wouldn't tell me either if I were him.

You might have already guessed, but I'll tell you anyway. Today is Garry's funeral at the church downtown. The gist about Garry and me had spread like wildfire, and the nosy town people, who ostensibly have nothing to do, had done nothing but blame dad and me.