5. New Family

~song of the day~
You belong with me - Taylor Swift

      ~song of the day~ You belong with me - Taylor Swift

I stare at him, feeling numb. What was he doing here? He can't be Shelia's son, can he? Gray? Grayson? Was Gray, Grayson? Ha! This has to be a joke. Where's the camera, people?

All hopes are shattered when Shelia comes up behind me to see what's taking me so long. "Oh! Grayson, come in," She smiles and he walks in leaving me standing there all alone. Contrary to my surprised demeanor, Gray looks calm and collect. Almost as if he was expecting this. This douche. He knew!

I shut the door and turn to face Gray, who is on his phone as he leans on the wall.

"Did you know about this?" I ask defensively, putting my hands on my waist.

"I tried to tell you," He shrugs and I raised a confused brow. When?

"When?"

"I remember telling you I wanted to be your friend. But what did you say, huh?" He scrunches his brows as he speaks.

"I did not want to be your friend!"

"Well, we are going to be living in the same house. Try and get used to me," he smirks.

This night couldn't get any worse. How was I supposed to live with Gray? I could barely get used to him in school and now I have to see him every day in my house. Just kill me. Okay, I'm kidding I actually don't want to die.

Dad opens the last bowl of food on the table and Shelia clasps her hands under her chin. "Oh my God! Dave, this looks so good," Her eyes beams, happily while my dad just grins sheepishly.

Dave? That has to be the first time I'll hear my dad being called by his first name. I am used to hearing Mr. Kelch instead.

"Did you make all this?" Gray asks me, his eyes lit up with surprise.

"Yeah."

"I thought you couldn't cook," He whispers again and I turn to look at him. When did I tell him I couldn't cook? Oh! Right. When we dated.

I roll my eyes. "Well, I can,"

I see Shelia lean in towards my dad and try to kiss him on the lips. Ewww. Everyone turns to me and I immediately cover my mouth with my hand. "I just said that out loud, didn't I?" I groan and Gray chuckles slightly.

"Right. Sorry," Shelia grits her teeth, her cheeks flushed making me feel bad for interrupting them.

Dad also looks a bit embarrassed and I internally scold myself for being a Debby downer. "No, please go on," I quickly say in an attempt to make everything less awkward. I didn't realize how weird that sounded until I said it out loud.

Gray lifted an eyebrow at me. "Go on with what?" He asks defensively.  "No kissing while I'm around, Dave," He teases, tapping my Dad on his back.

Oh really! Was everyone calling my Dad Dave now? "Dave?"