22. Gray's Pov- Oath

~song of the day~
   Takin' back my love - Enrique ft Ciara

~song of the day~   Takin' back my love - Enrique ft Ciara

Gray

"I'm pregnant, " She had said.

My mother was one of those people who fell too deeply in love and always with the wrong people. After my father's disappearance five years ago, she became depressed and withdrew from the world.

I couldn't even tell her my problems with the Cagers because she was hurting enough. It took a lot of effort and therapy to get her back to normal. I was happy she found Dave, which was why I agreed to move to his house. He helped her get back to normal again, made her feel loved and special. She always has this huge smile on her face when she talks about him, and I was happy for her.

But a baby? A baby changes everything.

The image of Dave kissing another woman replayed in my head. It didn't look that serious, I mean, I hope it isn't

My phone rings, snapping me out of my thoughts. I roll on my bed to the other side and grab my phone from the brown nightstand next to my bed.

"Yes, " I say into the phone after clicking the green button.

"Who am I talking to, Jay or Starfish?"

Starfish's real name was Jay.

I hear him sigh deeply before talking. "Jay."

I sit up straighter and rest my back on the headboard of my bed. "Did something happen?"

"Can you not come here on Saturday?" He asks, a nervous tone to his voice.

For the first time, Jay sounded nervous and uneasy, something he has never been. When I first joined the gang, Jay was the one who took me in and treated me like his younger brother.

He was nineteen at the time. He used to buy me late-night ice cream and take me bowling. He still didn't talk much then, but he said I reminded him of himself when he was younger.

Jay also got dragged into The Cagers at a young age. I don't know his story because he never talks about it, but I know he's had it pretty rough.

"Just don't come, okay?"

I nod my head reluctantly. "I need a reason, Jay. They would notice my absence."

He was asking me not to come to the Cage. The Cage was the place where all members of the gang in New York gathered.

There are probably thousands of members in New York, but we've never all gathered at the same time. The news is the head mafia is making an appearance on Saturday for the initiation ceremony.

You get fully initiated into the Cager when you're eighteen. I think it's a tattoo or something. It symbolizes that you're a cager and would be able to get help from another Cager anywhere in the world once they see it.