12. Confusion

~song of the day~
Tusa - Carol G ft Nicki Minaj

~song of the day~   Tusa - Carol G ft Nicki Minaj

Dove's Pov

I widen my eyes as Gray's leg made contact with Luca's waist. Luca crouches and clutches his side in pain.

"Are you crazy?" He glares at Gray, his expression dark and angry. He most definitely is!

Gray stares at me for a while before turning his head to Luca. He tilts his head and smiles. "Maybe."

I walk towards Luca and help him stand. I turn to Gray angrily, demanding answers from him. "Do you like me?"

He raises an eyebrow amusedly. "What?"

"Or do you hate me? Cause it has to be one of the two. Either you like me or you hate me so much, you can't bear to see me happy."

"Is he gonna make you happy?" He chuckles, sarcasm dripping from his voice as he pointed at Luca.

I licked my bottom lips and shook my head. I turn to Luca and stare at him, making up my mind to do something crazy.  "Would you be my boyfriend?"

Luca widens his eyes and glances at Gray. He looks back at me and pulls himself away from me. "What are you saying?"

"I like you and I want to date you," I say again, crossing my arms.

I see Gray tense up and clench his fist. Luca sees it too and chuckles. "Are you using me to make him jealous?" He asks, trying to mask his hurt with humor.

I sigh a little and shake my head. That wasn't what I was trying to do. I genuinely want to give Luca a chance.

Before I could say another word. Luca tucks a strand of my curl behind my ear and smiles at me. "I don't want you to do something you might regret later. I'd wait till you actually like me."

"I do like you," I reply honestly.

"I'll wait till you like like me," Luca rolls his eyes humorously. Gray sighs and shoved his hands in his pocket before walking away.

I turn to look at Luca, who was smiling down at me. Wait. Did I just get rejected?

"Are you sure you won't regret turning me down," I chuckle.

"Maybe," He replies and pulls me into a hug.

~~~~~~~~~~

I'm on my way home with Gray. Luca had to leave the party early because his father called, while Fawn was having the time of her life with Zyair.

He was all over her and I didn't want to ruin their night because I needed a ride home, so I settled for Gray.

Gray taps his finger on the steering wheel impatiently at the stop sign. "Uh.... I'm sorry," He muttered to himself.

"What?"

"I said I'm sorry," He repeats in a louder voice.

"For what? Cockblocking me?," I chuckle.