57. Luca's

~song of the day~
Love is gone - Slander

  ~song of the day~   Love is gone - Slander

Dove's Pov

Two hours before the gunshot

"Luca, you don't have to do this. Please, let me go," I beg, rubbing my hands together. The climate seemed colder than usual, seeping through my clothes and biting at my skin.

Luca doesn't respond to me as he ties me to a wall, staring at anything else but my face.

"Luca, you're so much better than this. You'll find someone-,"

"Don't fucking kid yourself. Not everything is about you," he spits, his harsh words pricking me harder than the cold air.

"Consider yourself fishbait, babe. Gray is the one that needs to pay for ruining the gang," Sabrina smirks, leaning against the wall and admiring her fingernails.

A message pops up on Luca's phone, and he points at me while looking at Sabrina. "Keep an eye on her. He's almost here."

"Make sure you end him this time. If you don't, I fucking will," Sabrina calls after Luca's disappearing back.

They were talking about Gray again. He was putting himself in danger once again just to save me. My eyes search the area for something I could use to help me escape. Sabrina raises her gun to my head, playing with the trigger.

"Don't you try to play games with me, Princess, " She kisses her teeth, shaking her head mockingly.

"Aren't you going too far? You could go to jail for kidnapping me, doesn't that scare you?" I try my hardest to glare.

Sabrina gives me a blank stare. "I've been to jail more than five times, so no, it doesn't scare me."

Five times? Aren't jail times supposed to take years to complete? How does one go five times?

"That's impossible. You're lying."

"The first time I went to juvie, I was nine years old. I was an orphan who got sexually assaulted by a senator who came to contribute to our orphanage." She says the word contribute with spite.

"When I reported him, I was charged with defamation, and the orphanage authorities thought I needed to go to Juvie because I was showing signs of rebellion." She makes air quotes around the word rebellion, a faraway look in her eyes before she laughs bitterly.

"After that, my life was a bust. The Cagers took me in when I was fifteen, and they saved my life. Gray has absolutely no right to discard the gang however he wants," She snaps, baring her teeth at me.

"I'm sorry you had to go through that, but Gray has no obligation to the gang."

"And he does to you?" she says nastily.