6. Mornings

~song of the day~
Impossible - Shontelle

After my weird morning encounter with Gray, I lock myself in my room for an hour

After my weird morning encounter with Gray, I lock myself in my room for an hour. I had muttered a quick thank you and ran up the stairs as fast as I could. Now, I was laying in bed wondering why I ran away like that. I shouldn't have run away. The normal me would have smirked and said I know.

"Ahhh!" I groan into my hands for the tenth time. I really need to go to the gym but, I refuse to go back down because I didn't want to run into Gray again, which by the way was highly impossible. We live together now.

The more time I spend in my room, the more my membership money is wasting. I am highly money conscious. You probably think someone who orders food all the time can't be money conscious right? Well, you're wrong. Although, it's not a wise idea to spend money on food all the time. I really couldn't help it. If I made food all the time, I might really end up killing myself. Yesterday was just sheer luck.

I gather up the courage and walk into my closet to change into my workout outfit. I grab a cap and cover half my face with it. Hopefully, he won't see me. I probably sound as dumb as an ostrich that sticks only it's head in the sand and thinks it's invisible.

I peep gently and notice the hallway is clear. I gently tiptoe downstairs to see Dad having breakfast. Shelia and her kids were nowhere to be found. I heave a sigh of relief and walk towards my Dad.

"Morning," I smile and kiss the top of his head lightly.

"Morning, baby. No gym today?" He asks, applying jam on his toast.

"Uh.. woke up late today," I lie, and grab his toast as soon as he was done applying jam and take a bite. He gave me a make your own toast look before he started applying jam to another one.

"Do you need me to drive you to the gym?" He asks, eyeing my outfit. I shrugged my head. I could walk, needed the exercise.

"Where's Shelia and her kids?"

"There are unpacking," he says and I nod. I turn in the direction of the door before he stops me. "Oh! Wait. Gray!!" Dad yells loudly and I widen my eyes, waving my hands at him to stop his antics.

"Why are you calling him?" I ask, through gritted teeth and clasp my hand over his mouth to prevent him from speaking.

He mumbled some words and I remove my hands from his lips. "The gym. I wanted to ask him to drive you," He furrows his brows in confusion.

"I can walk, Dad. No, I want to walk," I state firmly, my hands on my hips.

"Walk where?" I hear an all too familiar voice ask from behind me. Fuck! I sigh frustratedly and turn slowly to see Gray standing behind me. Beads of sweat were forming on his forehead and he looked exhausted probably from all the boxes he had to carry.