1. SENIOR YEAR

~song of the day~
Bleeding Love - Leona Lewis

               ~song of the day~ Bleeding Love - Leona Lewis

Dove's POV

"Dad!" I yell, tapping my perfectly manicured fingers on the table impatiently. It's been fifteen minutes. But my patience was very thick due to enough practice. It's always been this way as it's been going on forever. My dad literally takes way more time than the average female getting ready every morning.

"Dad! I'm really going to be late!" I yell again, glancing at my watch. I honestly don't blame him. I blame my inability to drive and lack of friends.

I didn't really care to be late, I just didn't like the stares when I walk in halfway through the class.

I had flunked my driver's license test twice this year. It wasn't my fault my evaluator was a cranky person who enjoyed giving innocent people a harsh time. And yes, I got the same evaluator both times.

She was the Mrs. Puff to my Spongebob.

Dad wouldn't hear any of it though. He's convinced that I'm the one who needs more lessons.

I used to have friends who drove me to school, but I lost everyone two years ago. Actually, I cut everyone off because I realized that everyone around me was fake and was mooching off my popularity.

That year was the worst out of all years I've spent on earth. Dad had said I was going through a phase, but I wasn't. Since cutting everyone off, I've been way happier this way. Just me and my dad. I couldn't wait to be done with high school and head to college.

"I'm sorry. I'm ready now," Dad apologizes, striding down the stairs. He was dressed in his favorite mahogany suit, his hair slicked back- combed to perfection.

"Big day at work?" I raise a brow and hand him his car keys.

"You could say that," he replies.

I could say that?

"Today is Shelia's first day since being transferred back," he grins excitedly.

Shelia is my dad's girlfriend. They have been dating for two years now. At first, it was just an office fling, but after Shelia was transferred to London, my dad realized how much he liked her. He took two weeks off from work last year to go visit her.

"Hmmm, Shelia," I teased, getting into the car. "No wonder you took thirty more minutes than usual."

I was really happy for my dad. My mum had died while giving birth to me, and my dad had to raise me alone.

I was his entire world, and he had no time for himself or love. He once brought someone he liked home when I was thirteen, but I thought she was trying to steal my dad away from me and ran away from home.