37. Girlfriend

~song of the day~
Boyfriend - Justin Bieber

  ~song of the day~   Boyfriend - Justin Bieber

Gray's Pov

"What if she says no?" I ask, my eyes shifting from Zyair on my bed to Aaron on the couch.

I had a date with Kelch tomorrow. A perfectly organized date, but my nervousness and anxiety made me worry that something might go wrong.

Nervousness was something I never felt. I always have it at the back of my mind that whatever happens, happens, so there's no need to stress myself. Yet, I made up scenarios featuring all the things that could go wrong tomorrow.

Aaron crosses one leg over the other. "You're just asking her to be your girlfriend. It's not a marriage proposal."

I roll my eyes at his comment and run a hand through my hair. At the back of my mind, I knew the reason I felt so anxious was that I still haven't forgiven myself for cheating on her in the past.

"Why don't you just go. You. Me," Zyair says and raises his middle finger. "Forever."

I facepalm myself and drag my hand down my face in annoyance, while Aaron laughs at Zyair's remark.

"Because-," Zyair raises his hands defensively. "Fucking one girl forever is a big deal."

Aaron raises his hand to me. "Dove has been in love with you since forever. I promise she'll say yes."

"And on the bright side, if she says no, that would mean more food for me," Zyair grins, and I roll my eyes at him.

"You look so worried, and it's so funny," Zyair laughs cheekily, leaning to the side.

I pick a paper from my desk, rumple it before throwing it at him. He dodges the paper, clutching his stomach as he continues his irritating hysterical laughter.

"Times like this make me wonder why I'm friends with you," I chuckle as I walk out the room.

"Bitch, you love me," Zyair calls out to me. I throw him the middle finger as a response.

I do love my friends, but I'll never admit that to their faces. Never. Especially Zyair.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dove's POV

Wear something comfortable.

The week had dragged on lazily, taunting me before Saturday's arrival. Gray has been super hushed about his plans for the date, refusing to telling me where we might be going. All he said was, 'It's a surprise, and wear something comfortable.'

Throughout the week, I couldn't stop thinking; bowling, dinner, Arcade, a farmer's market?

What else do people do on dates?

Gray and I have never been on a date before with just the two of us. Now that I think about it, I don't think he asked me out officially.

The last time I'd been on a date was with- Luca.