7. The ride

~song of the day~
    Older- Sasha Sloan

 "I need coffee," I groan in my hands, on our way to school

"I need coffee," I groan in my hands, on our way to school. We had been driving for about five minutes in total silence, but my tastebuds suddenly decided they needed coffee.

"I said I need cof-f-e-e," I drawl in an annoying tone, Gray, on the other hand, refused to give me his attention. Coffee is an essential part of my mornings. Okay maybe not. Maybe I'm just craving coffee because I just watched an IG video of someone making Dalgona. But that doesn't matter!

"Can we please stop at the Starbucks," I plead and pout, tugging lightly on his shirt.

"No, I'm late to school," He replies in a ridiculously high pitched tone, in a terrible attempt to mimic me. I don't talk like that.

"Lame," I blow a raspberry, scrunching my face. He proceeds to ignore me, keeping his eyes locked on the road, while I keep on whining about coffee.

"Coffee."

"Coffee."

"C-o-f-f-ee."

Was I annoying? Yes. Did I care? No.

"I thought maturity came with age?" He teases, a small smile playing on his lips. He turns a corner and pulls up at Dunkin' Donuts drive-thru. "What do you want?"

"Starbucks," I deadpan.

"Hmm..," He stares at me and presses his lips up in a firm line. He blinked twice before starting up the car again. "Off to school, I guess."

"Ah- ah. Wait," I mutter, placing my hand on the steering wheel, prevent him from driving off. I wanted Starbucks coffee but I guess I could do with one from Dunkin'. "Hazelnut iced coffee."

"And I'll have a hot caramel mocha," He says to the lady at the drive-thru with a huge smile. This man smiled at almost everyone, what a flirt!

After getting our drinks, Gray waves goodbye to the lady and drives off. While I hand him his coffee I noticed the lady had written her number by the side of his cup. Were they allowed to do that? If you ask me, I think that's very unprofessional.

"Looks like you've got an admirer," I sneer, pointing towards his cup.

He raises his cup with his free hand to examine the note. "It doesn't matter. I've got my eye on someone else," he smirks and winks at me. Couldn't be me, could it? Well, I don't care. I was done with him and even if I wasn't, I'd never let my emotions show. Never.

I roll my eyes and take a long sip of my coffee before leaning into the chair. I look at Gray and see him pull out a cigarette from the pack. He proceeds to put it in his mouth, balancing it with his teeth.

"You're back to smoking?" I scoff, feeling disgusted.

He looks at me, his left brow arched. "What?"