21. Shocking news

~song of the day~
Mrs. Potato Head- Melanie Martinez

I spring from my bed and pull my dad out of my room

I spring from my bed and pull my dad out of my room. He kept starting back, glaring at Gray.

"Dad. I need to talk to you, " I beg when he refuses to budge. He gives Gray one last stare and walks out.

I throw Gray an apologetic look and go after my dad. I follow him to his room and close the door behind me, so no one else would hear our conversation.

"Did that start in my house?" he points at the door angrily, referring to my make-out with Gray.

"No, dad. We've h-had, " I swallow, thinking of how to explain myself to him.

"Is he your boyfriend?" dad's brows furrows as he stares at me.

"Ex."

"But you told me you've never had a boyfriend before. Why did you lie to me?" he crosses his arms and bends his head to stare at my cowering face.

"Well, he was my first and only boyfriend, and I couldn't exactly tell you a boy broke my heart."

"He what? That little cunt, " he fumes, reaching out for the door handle.

"Dad, " I groan and drag him back by his shirt.

"How dare he?" dad runs a hand through his hair frustratedly. "When did this happen?

"Breathe, dad. Breathe, " I say, gesturing with my hands.

There were multiple times I'd come home fuming because someone got me mad. Before I tell my dad what happens, he'd always go "Breathe, Dove. Breathe. Come on. Three times."

Dad takes a deep breath and opens his mouth to say something. I raise my index finger to stop him.

"Ah-Ah. P-a-t-i-e-n-c-e, " I say slowly, shaking my finger. That was how my dad acted whenever I try to talk without completing the breathing exercise.

He burst into laughter at my perfect imitation of him, his laughter resonating in the room.
He runs his hand through his hair and sits at the edge of his bed. He motions for me to come and sit next to him, which I do.

"Do you like him, " he asked, earnestness in his eyes.

I shake my head violently. "No, Dad. It's just a fling."

Knowing my Dad, he had always put me before him. Although it might kill him to let go of Shelia, I knew he would if I had a relationship with Gray.

Dad raises his left eyebrow as he studied me intensely. "Tell me the truth, Dove."

"Dad, he's Shelia's son. Even if I did like him, which I don't, it would be weird, " I shrug.

He sighs and runs his hand through his hair frustratedly. He looks back at me with his 'I fucked up eyes'