20. Caught

~song of the day~
You broke me first - Tate McRae

~song of the day~ You broke me first  - Tate McRae

I blinked at Luca, and he gave me a sheepish smile. I could feel Gray's stare boring into us. I didn't want to hurt either of them, but with both of them here, it was apparent someone's feelings would get hurt.

Is it bad if I wish an earthquake happens right now? Anything to get the attention away from me.

Zyair walks over to us and slings his hand over Gray's shoulder. "What's going on here?"

No one replies, and he looks at Luca and me, our intertwined hands before flicking his attention to Gray.

"Can you please say something?" Luca asks me with a small frown.

"Hmm...I-"

I flinch and stop when Zyair holds the bench and jumps over it, flipping himself to sit between Luca and me. He wraps his arms around our shoulders, a grin on his face.

"What are we talking about, guys?" Zyair grins, looking between Luca and me.

Luca removes Zyair's hand away from his shoulders, a frustrated expression on his face.

"Can you leave? It's a private discussion," He replies.

Zyair frowns and places his hand on his chest. "Keeping secrets now, are we? And to think I invited you to my party, " he shakes his head.

I stifle a laugh at Zyair's dramatic nature. Aaron comes over and sits at the edge of the bench. "Who's keeping secrets?"

"Luca, " Zyair replies.

"tsk, tsk. I've always known guys with accents aren't to be trusted, " Aaron adds.

Everyone has an accent.

Usually, I'd be frustrated with Zyair, but I was glad he interrupted us. He disrupted me from answering Luca's question.

Luca runs a hand through his hair, frustratedly. "It's not a secret. It's just personal."

"I could be personal, too, " Zyair shrugs.

Luca shakes his head. "I'm convinced you guys aren't leaving, so I would."

He gets up and turns to look at me. "Can I call you later?"

I nod my head and shoot him an apologetic smile. As soon as he left, Zyair raises his fist to Gray behind us, who then bumps it with his.

Fawn comes out at the moment and rushes up to me. "Oh my God, Dove. I'm so sorry. Mr. Davis kept me back because I wrote my essay in ridiculously big letters, " she rolls her eyes, making hand quotes when she said big letters.

I grab my bag and get up. "It's fine."

~~~~~~~~~~

I fork my veggies and stare down at my plate. We are all having dinner, pretending to be one happy family. Dad and Shelia are asking Chloe how her day was with big smiles on their faces.