Chapter 32

Chapter 32

"Lia... Iris isn't going home anymore."

"I know where she is... Your sister."

Lia jolted up from her sleep, heavily breathing. She placed her hands on her chest as she looked around her surroundings- she was still in her room and it was still nighttime. She turned to the side and saw her digital clock- it was 4:30 AM.

She lies down again while assuring herself, "It's just a nightmare. It's not real. It's not real..." She repeated that phrase all over again until she fell asleep again.

Later on, she woke up around 8:45 AM. She stood up from her bed and got her phone to check her notifications. The first thing she saw was Boboiboy's message in which she wasn't surprised anymore.

[7:15 AM]

Bi

Selamat pagi sayangku! I'm already at school huhuhu I hope you're sleeping well

Lia smiled. It has been around 6 months since they started their relationship, she was delighted at how Boboiboy treats her. She replied to him saying:

I'm awake na yayyy >__< and omg what a bummer ;/ good luck with that! Mwa <3

She wondered when they exchange the "I love yous", but she didn't stress out on it because she knew that it was early for them to do that and for sure that time will come. She went out of her room and went down to the dining area, only to hear her mom shouting to someone. She walked to the living room and saw her talking on the phone.

"Goodness, Andres! Hindi ka parin uuwi?! Mag a-anim na buwan na! Hindi mo ba iniisip mga anak mo?! Lalo na sa Lia, hinahanap ka na niya palagi. Ayoko naman siya masanay na wala ka."

(You're still not going home?! It's been six months! Don't you think your children? Especially Lia, she looks for you always. I don't want her to get used to your absence.)

She sighed as she continued on watching them.

"I know how important your job is to you, it's what put food on the table. But please, think about us, your family. Just this once."

She left the living room for a while and went to the kitchen to make herself some hot chocolate. She still heard Nathalia getting angry which made her worried; she knew that once she does that it means she already has enough of everything.

She went back to the living area, with her mom bidding Andres a goodbye. When she ended the call, Lia cleared her throat that catches her mom's attention. Nathalia sighed, "You've been watching me, huh?"

Lia didn't reply, she just rushed to her mom. She placed her drink on a table first then gives her a hug in which she hugged back. "It's okay mom. If you're thinking about me, no need. The job needs him, you know? And he needs it too."

"And his wife needs him, so as his kids. It can't be like that forever." Nathalia replied. "I know, I know. I'm sure we'll be able to figure things about it. But as of now, you have to calm down, please."

Nathalia nodded, kissing her forehead. The two shared a hug for a while until Nathalia pulled away. "Anyways, you're up early today. Have you eaten?" Lia shook her head, "I was about to. But I'll eat now." She stood up and got her mug, then headed to the dining area.

She proceeded in eating breakfast, then she heard her mom speak to her. "You don't have classes today?" She stuffed a slice of pancake in her mouth then replied afterward, "No. We don't have classes every Friday."

"You should give me your schedule, I can't keep on guessing it." Lia laughed sheepishly, "Will do. Sorry about that." As she continues to eat, the doorbell rang. "Eh? Who could be here at this time?"