Chapter 37

Chapter 37

"Babe, wake up. We're already here." Boboiboy softly shook his sleeping girlfriend.

Boboiboy and Lia traveled to the Philippines because her mom would be celebrating her 50th birthday. Her request was to celebrate her golden year in the Philippines since that's her home. They were both at the van, being driven back to the de Vera's house in the Philippines. It was located in Quezon City.

Once the van arrived at the house, Boboiboy woke his girlfriend up. Lia woke up, all dazzled. "Hmm... It's too early... Wait... Why are we here?" Boboiboy chuckled, "We're at your house, silly.

She immediately snapped back to reality, rubbing her eyes. "Oh, you're right! Shoot! Let's go!" They went out of the van and the driver helped them with their bags. Lia rang the doorbell and it was her first older brother, Tony, who answered.

"Kuya!" They both shared a hug. "You guys went earlier as expected. We were expecting you guys around 5 PM. It's just 2 PM!" Lia laughed, "Well now we're here." Then she turned to Boboiboy, who was just watching them. She gestured him to come to them.

Boboiboy was nervous. He heard about her two brothers being protective, especially Ron. He never had the chance to formally meet them until this day. The two brothers never came to Malaysia and didn't know about their relationship. He walked over them and he did a slight bow.

"Kuya, this Boboiboy, my boyfriend. Boboiboy, this is Kuya Tony - the eldest." Tony held out his hand, gesturing for a handshake. Boboiboy was surprised, but he shook his hand.

"Oh, yeah. It's you. I think you went here back in 2018? Although I wasn't here that time, I was out with friends." Tony smiled. "Welcome to our house, and to our family. Come on in."

They all went inside, helping each other with the bags. As soon as Boboiboy entered the living room, he was astonished. It was a modern type of living room, way different from what he has back in Rintis. And the dining area was modern as well.

"I hope you don't mind staying here at the house. It's just a few of us who are staying here. Me, you guys, and mom. We used to have a maid but since we're already old enough, we let her go." Tony said. "Ron is at his condominium that's near his school, UST. I'm sure you've already heard of it."

Boboiboy nodded, "Oh yes. He's studying there for Medicine School, right?" Tony gave a thumbs up, "Good. So, uhm... Lia, you can go to your rooms. I'll be doing some work. And for the love of God, please don't be loud."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Lia asked in confusion. Tony just wiggled his eyebrows at the two, while Boboiboy was taken aback; he knew what he meant. "Nothing! Now go, I need to work."

Tony left the two, who proceeded in bringing the stuff to Lia's old bedroom. Going up the stairs, Boboiboy took a look at the picture frames on the wall. One photo caught his eyes- a family photo of them, but there was one person there who was unfamiliar to him.

"Hey, who's this?" Boboiboy pointed to the girl beside Lia. Lia turned to where Boboiboy was looking at, much to her surprise. "Oh, uhm... That's my sister." Her voice became emotionless as she said that.

He knew whenever she used that tone, she wouldn't want to talk about it. But still, he asked, "Do you want to talk about it?" She shook her head, "No thanks. It's okay. It's kind of complicated." He just nodded and went on helping her in bringing the bags.

Once they arrived in the room, Lia was surprised by how neat it was. "Wow, this is not how I remembered this room."

"It became bigger...?" Boboiboy looked around as he said that. "Yeah, I guess they disposed of some things. Oh well, make yourself comfortable." Lia brought her luggage in as Boboiboy brought his. They placed it on one side.