Author's Note and Announcement

I can't believe it took me a month to write this message.

And I can't believe that once again, I was able to finish writing another Boboiboy fanfic.

First of all, I never expected myself to go back to the fandom after leaving for four years. Imagine when Boboiboy the Movie 2 was released back in 2019, I didn't care a single thing about it since I was so busy with my own life that I thought I'm too old to be here. Last year, in May 2021, I talked to an old friend of mine (I guess you guys know who she is) about Boboiboy and got updated about its recent release - the season 1 episode 1 extended version.

I have to admit; after watching it, I felt that I wanted to go back and pursue writing. It took me how many days to come up with a plot and it was even a rough one which means no planned ending at all. It was a huge risk for me to take because I know I have to invest my time and creativity in it.

I know that I can't make the same mistake I did with The New Student so I put all the pressure on myself. I stayed until 2 AM drafting the plot, looking out for inspiration, and even trying to picture every scene in the book. I finished writing the book last July 2021 and to be honest, it wasn't even a good finish. I did it just to say that I finished writing it before college happened.

While my first year was ongoing, I had to balance out being a student and an author. I even asked myself, how can I even do this? I can just publish the chapters for all I care, after all, at least there's an ending.

But I know Lia deserved a better plotline, a better development, and even a better ending compared to The New Student. My readers also deserve a good book to read since some of them treat this as their "rest" and I'm so honored to serve you like that. With the improvement I gained as an author, I also deserve to showcase it which is why I revised the chapters while my first year was ongoing.

It was all worth it.

At first, I didn't expect this book to receive any engagement with the number of people on Wattpad. I know some of them left due to personal reasons and I understand that. But goodness, I was proven wrong. Writing this book also allowed me to reconnect with my old Wattpad friends and I even got to meet new ones.

When I saw the rankings of my book, believe me, I almost cried. I can't believe my book ranked 1st in "Paradox" category ; 3rd in "boboiboyxoc" ; 7th in "Ying" ; 8th in "Gopal" ; 12th in "Yaya", and 13th in "Fang". I know rankings change every now and then but I consider them as a great achievement of mine.

What comes after Paradox? Well, there is a possibility that I will split down the epilogue into chapters that will be posted in a different book. I just need time to rest for a while to get back my creative juices and write again. Lmao, this is quite a spoiler hehe. Anyways, going back...

I want to thank everyone who has supported this book. A special mention to Eri erikenji__ who helped me with some parts and inspired me to go back to the fandom. Please give love to her book "Smoked Mirrors" since she is a great author as well! And to my other friends, thank you! Kai, I appreciate the positive messages, and even the spam comments lol. Rhea, thank you for your support and light jokes! I owe this to you guys.

And of course, I owe this to myself. I'm proud of the growth I achieved as an author. It wasn't easy going out of the box- who knew that an author who loves writing fluff would actually deliver that kind of heavy angst. I know that I will apply these learnings to my future endeavors.

Writing about Boboiboy will always be something that I love to do.

Boboiboy will always be home to me.

Thank you, everyone! No goodbyes hehe but see you later! :>

Love,
Ana <3