Chapter 56

Chapter 56

"Boboiboy?"

Despite being invested in his work at the flight deck, he turned around to see the person who drunkenly called his name. There he saw was Lia, all teary-eyed and burnt cheeks due to the alcohol intake.

Seeing her state shocked him, yet he remained composed. It has been weeks since they broke up and since then, they haven't spoken to each other. Although they see each other due to the fact they are staying in one ship, no conversation arises due to tension.

"Are you okay?" His question made Lia gulp a bit, she sighed heavily and shook her head, "Ah... No... I'm... dizzy." He knew Lia all too well. She is a drinker, given that she's from the Philippines. A drinker whose tolerance is low.

"How many did you drink?" He asked, still eyeing her. "I don't know... Probably around... three bottles? Leizel and I had a couple of drinks earlier because we were bored... Lol." She then chuckled.

"You should head back to sober up. You'll have a hangover tomorrow, I bet." He advised, ignoring the fact that his heart clenched whenever she spoke. "I'll call Fang to help you."

Lia scoffed then rolled her eyes, "You won't do it for me? You'll just bring me back..." Her statement left him silent much to her continuing, "I just forgot. We're exes, yeah, I know. Sorry."

Boboiboy nodded, his eyes softening. "Yes... Plus I'm busy tracking down my father." She didn't say anything which made him ask her, "What brings you here anyway?"

"Am I really the biggest mistake in your life?" She blurted out while tears started to form again in her eyes. "Being with me... as your girlfriend of 3 years... Was it really the biggest mistake?"

Her voice cracked as she said the last sentence which alarmed Boboiboy. He stood up and walked to her but she raised her hand to halt him, "Don't bother... I know the answer anyways. Who am I to ask, right?"

"Lia," Boboiboy sighed, trying to find the right words. "I-I... I don't know."

"You don't know? If I'm what? The biggest mistake?" Lia asked then sniffled. "If you don't know, why did you even say it?"

Boboiboy is hesitant to answer her question because he knew it could arise an outburst from her but still, he answered, "I-I felt it."

And there it happened, an outburst.

Lia falls down on her knees, giving a loud cry while Boboiboy watched her. The sight of her doing that made his heartbreak yet he only watched her.

"3 years... All down in the drain," She spat while looking at him with pain that he swore he will never forget. "W-Why am I even here? Just go. I-I hope you find him, B... I really do."

He didn't even stop her when she left the flight deck.

3 days after their last encounter, Lia didn't even bother to face him. She felt embarrassed because of how she cried again in front of him. "Darn alcohol. I will never drink again." She thought while lying down on her bed.

Goodness, I miss my bed at the station. They still haven't received a new mission that explains why they are still on the spaceship. Food and water didn't become an issue since they have a ton of supply of it. Plus, there are good cooks on the team.

She turned to see the rest of the girls fast asleep on their beds which made her roll her eyes, "Oh to fall asleep happily because they're happily in love. It must feel great." She didn't bother to stay in her bed because she won't fall asleep that easily.