Special Chapter 04

warnings: last chapter of this book. for real.

-

Amira,

As I am writing this letter, you are fast asleep in your crib that's near our bed. Whenever I see you sleep, I feel my heart warm and I can't believe that I can love someone as much as this. Let's just say that right before you slept, you had a big problem that involves your diaper. Luckily, your daddy was able to solve that problem and use his daddy powers to put you to sleep.

If someone will tell me years ago that I'll become a mom, I would definitely react in disbelief and confusion. Not that I don't like the idea of introducing life to a human being, but there is a story behind it.

My whole life is summarized in just one word.

Paradox.

There are a lot of contradictions in my life and apparently, most of them were true. I'm not going to elaborate on them one by one as I'll be doing that later on when you're old enough to understand things. But let's just say that I didn't have a good time, especially when I was in my 20s. So many ups and downs happened that affected my well-being.

I was traumatized.

I was lucky to have my brothers, cousins who are your aunts and uncles, and of course, your daddy, who are by my side as I go on with life and heal myself.

I went to Siargao, months before your dad left for the training in TAPOPS, and had a good time with him. We explored the island, went swimming, ate all the delicious Filipino food, and gazed under the stars. We were privileged to be given that vacation. We rekindled our love which is why until now, we still choose our love and relationship. Every. Single. Day.

I resigned from my old job in TAPOPS, a lance corporal. I did that to join the family business and help fulfill its obligations. At first, I was having a hard time with all the meetings happening. I even stuttered when your uncle Kyzer, asked me to present in front of the board of directors. Eventually, I got the hang of it. I earned money and did some investments, hehe. No worries, my love, you'll get some of my watches and bags when you're older.

I helped your granddad, Tok Aba, in the cocoa shop during my free time. That cocoa shop became my third home since that's where your dad and I used to hang out every single day, especially when we were just friends back then. Tok Aba can't wait to meet you. Days before I gave birth to you, he insisted on accompanying us to the check-up. How sweet of him.

Have I mentioned how excited your grandfather, uncles, and aunts were when I told them I was pregnant? Your grandfather, Amato, unexpectedly cried while Tok Aba kept on smiling that his cheeks hurt! Your uncles, Fang, Gopal, Kaizo, and even Kyzer, were all celebrating by drinking this kind of drink that I forgot what was it. Your aunts, Leizel, Ying, Yaya, and Kryz, were all cheering.

And your dad, oh goodness, your dad's reaction was the best.

It wasn't easy to conceive you, love. We were stressed and worried that we wouldn't be able to have you. When I found out I was pregnant, I cried in the middle of the hospital. When your dad find out, he didn't say anything but he gave me a hug with happy tears. From that day on, your dad became extra protective of us. He wouldn't let me touch a thing or do any chore that I became so bored! Well, at least I'm not alone when I have to deal with your dad's overprotectiveness.