Chapter 60

Chapter 60

Today is Nathalia's burial. Tony, being the eldest, have the privilege of placing the urn inside the box, that will be buried six feet under. There are four men who will be assisting in the burial. Two of them secured the box while the other two just waited aside.

Ever since the ceremony started, no one in the crowd has heard a word from Lia. They weren't able to even see her fully, since she is wearing sunglasses. Lia, on the other hand, just remained at the side, watching the two men secure the box.

"This is it," She thought as she watched the two men hand the box to the other set of men, who are in charge of burying the box. She swore to herself that she wouldn't cry today because all those crying drained her.

But she can't help it since it would be the last time she'll be seeing the urn. "Wait," She called out to the men as she stepped forward. "D-Don't... Not yet, please." Understanding her feeling, the men placed the box in front of her.

She got down on her knees and broke down once again which surprised the rest who are present. "M-Mommy, I'm sorry... I'm so sorry!" She wailed, cradling the box as if she is hugging her mom. "I failed, mom. I'm so sorry... please..."

Ron, who is at the other side of the six feet hole, motioned for someone to help out Lia. Much to his surprise, Boboiboy went to Lia, went down on his knees, and gave soft pats on her back to soothe her. Yaya, on the other hand, has bottled water in case something happens to her again. She is on standby, watching the two of them.

Trying to stop her cries, she looked over to the men and then croaked out, "Take the box now." They obeyed her order and then proceeded to bury the box. It was as if she got killed over and over again as the box made its way to six feet under. She felt her body shaking, giving another cry.

Right after the box got buried, some guests started to depart. A few of them are left - the gang, Lia's two brothers, and the rest of her family. As the two brothers are chatting with a cousin of theirs, Lia is just staring at the grave in front of her. Boboiboy went back to the others to give her some space.

"Lia," Fang softly said, walking upon her. "You have to eat. You haven't eaten much for a week." He is worried about his cousin. He found out that she has been consuming nothing but some crackers and bread.

"I'll be fine, Fang. Don't worry." She solemnly replied, still eyes on the tomb. "Thank you for the concern." He turned to the others then shook his head, mouthing to them that she still doesn't want to eat.

Ron walked by the two, "Lia, we'll handle it from here. You should go back home now or to TAPOPS." Fang agreed with Ron, however, Lia sighed, "Okay... Can you just leave me for a while? I'll be back in a bit. I just need more time." The two men agreed and then left her.

"I don't know where to start," She sighed as she continued to look at the tomb. "Why did you have to go? It's so unfair, mom. Out of all people, you had to go... It's so unfair." Tears started streaming.

"You said you'll be there in the next milestones in my life. I guess that's all just a dream now, huh?" She sniffled then clenched her fists.

"Why do you like doing this?" Nathalia asked Lia who was packing up to go to space for another 5 months. "Like what?" Her mother sighed, "This... The superhero stuffs. I mean, I know that you can balance it well with your studies but why do you like doing this?"

"I feel like this is already my responsibility given that Sonobot's now with me," Lia softly replied as she looked at her. "And I love helping out, especially if it's for the sake of everyone else in the galaxy. There are a lot of bad guys out there who want to get the power spheres for bad purposes, and I want to help put an end to that."