Chapter 39

Chapter 39

As soon as things were cleared in the Philippines, Boboiboy and Lia headed back to Rintis. They didn't finish their stay in the Philippines, they left on the same night of the attack. Ochobot created a portal for them to enter, and once they went out, the rest of the gang were waiting for them.

Lia's eyes set on Sonobot, who was with Fang. She immediately rushed to her to give her a hug. "Did they hurt you? Or did by any chance, they try to get you?" Sonobot sighed, "No they didn't. But I'm glad you're okay."

"They wanted Lia, we're going to do our very best so that won't happen," Fang assured her. Boboiboy scoffed with clenched fists, "Why Lia? What's with her that Orangpina wants her?"

Gopal groaned, "What is it with villains lately? Can't they let us live a normal life?" Leizel shook her head, "Apparently for people like us, normal isn't in our dictionary."

Yaya crossed her arms with a sigh, "Way to comfort, Leizel... Anyway, so what's the plan now? Are we going to Orangpina?" Boboiboy shook his head, "We don't know where their station is located, that's what we've been struggling with for the past few years."

"And even if we know, we can't just barge in there. We don't know what we're up against, except for Aisha." Fang added on with crossed arms.

"Aisha, by herself, is already powerful. What more of the other members of the organization? We need a plan." Ying stated.

The conversation about the attack went on; Lia was spacing out a bit because she was tired. She stole a glance on her right side and saw a red figure from afar.

It was the same one she saw back in the Philippines, at her house. She squinted her eyes to see more clearly, but she was interrupted by Leizel calling her. "Hey, hey... You there?" Lia snapped back to reality and faced the others, "Huh... Uhm... Yeah, I'm here. Sorry, I spaced out a bit."

"Anyway, going back... We'll try to have our searches tomorrow. The latest time is the day after tomorrow. We can't go back to the station without the signal of the commander and admiral. This leaves us on one thing." Fang continued. "What is that?" Ying asked.

"We'll use captain's ship and help to track down Orangpina." Everyone else agreed with Fang. Lia took another glance at the same spot where she saw the figure, it was now gone.

"Lia," She turned to the person calling for her, it was Yaya. "It will be okay. We'll figure this out together." She smiled at her. Ying nodded, "Yeah. Out of all things, we'll prioritize this one. It's about time we track that organization down."

"And we won't stop doing it until we have the answers." Gopal assured. "You have us, always." Fang said, giving her a small smile.

Lia was grateful to them, "Thank you, guys. This means a lot." Boboiboy smiled and placed his arm around her shoulder, "Of course! That's what friends are for... I mean, them as your friends and me as your boyfriend."

His remark made the others laugh. "Gosh, it was already okay!" Leizel giggled.

Later on, the gang returned to their respective homes. Since Lia and Sonobot were alone in the house, Boboiboy and Ochobot offered to accompany them. The couple was asleep on the bed, with Boboiboy cradling Lia close to him.

It was 2 AM in the morning, and it was raining. There were some thunder and lightning passing by. One thunder passed by again, and it was louder than the previous ones. It woke Lia up.

It was dark in her room, but there was one small light dimmed at the corner. She looked everywhere to analyze her surroundings until she saw the red figure by the corner. She immediately looked away and tried to sleep.