chapter 28

Two days later

I woke up to the similar room ,I was getting sick of this room.

My eyelids didn't open much but I could see quite clear.
My mom was seated right next to me holding my hands.

Everyone and even Andrea was seated in the room.
I squeezed my mom's hand which startled her.

I would have laughed but I felt so weak and tired.
"M.....Mo..Mom"I said breathlessly and she smiled with tears coming down her eyes.

"I'm so sorry I should have been there for you"she said through tears.

I just shook my head feeling tears coming down my eyes.
Everyone came to me and surprisingly my dad was also there.

My mom and dad helped me get up and arranged pillows behind my back.

I sat down and sighed in relief once I was relaxed.
Everyone eyed my every movement.

"Guys I...I'm fine"I said through struggle.
I was getting tired of talking and it felt like my breathe was limited.

Nick came to me and hugged me.
He started crying like a child I wish I could laugh but I would just find it hard to breath.

"St...stop crying l...Ike a child"I said slowly and I felt his chest rumble as he laughed.

"I thought I would have lost you"he said.
"W..e...ll you didn't"I said trying to calm my breathing.

He sensed that I was having difficulty.
He pulled away from me"you should stop talking it's making you weak"he said and I nodded.

I hugged everyone one after the other.
"Can we just go home"I made sure to take a pause in every word I said.

"Okay sweetie"dad said before leaving.
My mom's phone rang"excuse me"she said before leaving too.

Lexie and Andrea sat beside me"you should have told me that you were going through something"Andrea said looking angry.

"And you also never told me"Lexie said still angry.

I rolled my eyes"I'm.sorry."I said slowly and they smiled.
"Madi I thought I was closest to you why didn't you tell me?"David asked and Caleb just laughed"wow dude you are so dumb,she couldn't tell her boyfriend then why would she tell you?"he asked.

David shrugged and I just let out a very short chuckle.

****
I was finally taken home and my head was rested on Nick's lap covered in a thick blanket.

My mom came into the living room and everyone just exchanged looks.

"Madison I need to tell you something"she said sadly but I sat up with knitted eyebrows.

"What is it mom?"I asked and she sat next to me and then my dad also came in.

Everyone found it as their queue to give us some privacy so they all went to the kitchen.

"What's up?"I asked.
My mom sighed as if she really didn't want to say what she was about to say.

"Madi we have decided to take you to an anorexia rehab in London"my dad said.

"What?!mom,dad I don't want to  go to London please"I said and they just sighed.

"This is what is best for you"my dad said firmly"but dad..... Nick... school.... friends"I said breathlessly.

"Sshh Madi this rehab will be able to help you and Nick and even your friends agree with us"my mom said.

"But mom I don't want to go"I said crying.
My mom hugged me"I don't wanna go I just started my new relationship a new life and lots of amazing things mom,dad I don't wanna leave"I whined but my mom just patted my head.

"Madi this is best for you,you've made your decisions and this time we are making it for you so please just listen to us and do what's best for you"she said.

"I know you don't wanna leave even I don't want you to leave either but it's good for you"my dad said as I muffled my tears.

"So are we even?"my mom asked and I just nodded.
"Good so you are leaving tommorow and....."my mom trailed off not able to say what she was about to say.

"You'll be gone for a year"my dad interjected.
"What!dad no I might have agreed to leave everything and go to a dumb rehab in London which might technically ruin my social life!but I won't leave in a year"I said standing up and so did my dad.

"Madison you are leaving tommorow and coming back in the next twelve months"my dad said firmly and left.

I sat in the couch crying and my mom hugged me"you don't have to be so stubborn Madi"my mom said.

"I'm going to meet the others"I said getting up and walked into the kitchen.

Everyone stopped talking and looked at me.
Nick sensed my mood and just walked over to me and hugged me.

I hit his chest"maybe I do deserve that"he said and I just laughed through my tears.

"Nick how could you just agree to that?"I asked getting angry.
"First they take me to a dumb school no offense Andrea  but for fucks sake why did you guys agree?"I asked.

"We did this because you needed it Madi look at you,you got addicted to some....."

"I was not addicted"I corrected Nick and he just rolled his eyes.

"Madi the doctor said you needed help and if we didn't agree with your parents it would just make us look selfish,you  really needed to go to a rehab Madi"Lexie interjected.

"We knew you were going to kill us if you heard this so we made arrangements to go have fun before you leave tomorrow"Caleb said.

"But guys don't you get?I don't wanna leave in a year"I said tears welling up in my eyes.

"But you have to Madison"Nick said cupping my face and I sighed.

"I can't believe I'm leaving"I muttered "I'm sure it's going to help"Nick said and I just nodded not really knowing what to say.

I mean I'm staying in a fucking rehab with no damn friends or a social life for a year.

Vote and comment