chapter 42

There was awkward silence between us and Nick cleared his throat.

I just couldn't bring myself to say anything,I just couldn't do it.
I was too ashamed.

"Uhm so where's Dylan?"he asked.
"Uh we ......we uh we broke up"j whispered the last part looking at the floor.

My chin was lifted by Nick so I could look at his eyes.
"Why?"he asked.

I scoffed"why do you look so concerned Nick aren't you supposed to be like .......happy?"I asked.

"I don't know"he shrugged"it's just that,after I hurt you Dylan made you very happy that's why"he said and I huffed.

"What?"he asked"he.....he"I didn't know how to tell him,  he would get the first flight to New York to beat Dylan up,trust me I'm not exaggerating.

"Heandjanessawerethecauseofourbreakup"I said in one go.
Nick's eyebrows furrowed and then his eyes widened in realization.

"Are you telling me that that fucker was the one who made us break up"he asked.

"Uh...yeah"I said with a shrug.
"Where does he live again?"he asked and I just rolled my eyes.

"Nick I don't really wanna talk about him"I said and he sighed.

We stayed in silence again and realization started to get to me.

Nick has moved on

I sighed before saying.....
"Nick I'm sorry,I doubted you when I shouldn't,I let what she said get to me,I really messed up.
I judged you very quickly it was like I didn't know you"I said taking in a deep breathe.

He just stayed quiet and listen"I know I was a bitch,a selfish one at that,I just cared about my feelings and how I didn't want to get hurt but I never ever thought of looking back at you if you were hurt"I said and he just stayed silent.

"I left you even when you kept telling me you didn't do anything,I just didn't listen ,I know you've moved on but I'm deeply sorry"I said but he was still silent.

I sighed in defeat and started to walk in "and who told you you could leave"his deep voice said.

I turned around to see him smiling at me"I  never moved on Madi"he said walking towards me.

"I always had this huge hope that ,that day wasn't the last day we would meet"he said and I quickly remembered what I said.

"I hope that this is the last day we meet"

I was feeling one thing right now  Guilt.
"I know I screwed up,I said alot of mean things to you and......"he cut me off by grabbing my face and gave me a kiss.

The kiss was filled with longing,love,passion and intimacy.

He pulled me closer to him as I held him by the collar to deepen the kiss.

We broke our kiss and started panting for air and he pecked my lips"it wasn't your fault"he said before intertwining our hand and walked us in the house.

Once we got in everyone stopped talking and looked at our hands before the girls squealed and Mhira was grinning.

"I knew it"she said and I laughed.
We sat on a couch and everyone still gave us a questioning look"what?"I asked.

"Well uh we don't know what's going on we are lost here but if you may know Dylan is in the kitchen with your mom"Lexie said and Nick immediately stood up dragging me along.

Everyone followed after us when we listened to Dylan talk"I love your daughter a lot Mrs Ryan"he said and I scoffed.

He turned around to me and tried to walk to me but Nick punched him.

Everyone gasped"okay I don't know what's going on but I like this"Caleb said and I bit my lips to hide my laughter.

"What the fuck! what's your problem dude"Dylan yelled.

"He's problem is you,what are you even doing here ? didn't I say I didn't want to see you?"I asked.

"Listen here Dylan if you don't fucking leave this house I'll be glad to help you"Nick said calmly.

"Oh me too I'll also be glad to help"David said.
Dylan scoffed"what?is she your girlfriend now?"he asked and I raised my eyebrows.

"Yes,she is"Nick said with a shrug and Dylan looked at my direction.

"So this is what you do?move from one guy to another?I never thought of you this way Madison,I never thought you were a slut......"I shut him up by slapping him.

"Talk again and I won't hesitate to slap you"I said.
"And besides Dylan I never loved you remember,you are a selfish lying bastard now get out of my home!!!"I yelled  and silence over took everyone.

He walked to the door but stopped and looked at me with a smirk"remember Madi I don't give up that easily"he said before shutting our door.

David was about to say something but I cut him off"I don't wanna talk about it"I said before going to the living room and plopped on the couch.

Nick came beside me and I rested my head on his shoulder as we watched a movie.

******
"Kids dinner is ready"my mom yelled and we all started to go to the kitchen.

There was food at every inch of the table.
My mom smiled at me and I smiled back.

We all sat and everyone began talking and so did me and Nick.

"So now that you're going to Cambridge ....."

"Nick,we shouldn't talk about that now and besides we have two days to ourselves"I said putting my hand on his thigh giving him a smile.

He smiled back and out his hand over mine"I missed you"I said pecking him on his lips and he grinned.

Please vote and comment.