Chapter 2

As soon as the door was closed, the evil sweet smell dissipated. Zhou Shuo's tense nerves were slightly loosened and he realized that he was sweating all over.

He immediately frowned, remembering that Xia Liang rarely sprays perfume. He only sprays some cologne slightly when attending a very formal large-scale banquet. If you don't smell it carefully, you can hardly smell anything.

But today's situation is very abnormal. He doesn't know if Xia Liang has changed the perfume brand or if the smell on his body is so strong that he almost can't hold it in front of Xia Liang.

Is it carefully prepared for his evening date? As soon as he thought of this, Zhou Shuo's heart inevitably felt a bit of sourness.

He has been with Xia Liang for more than three years. Xia Liang is a workaholic. He takes family affection seriously but in terms of love, he can deal with it as an accessory to his work without blinking. He can sacrifice his marriage for the benefit of the family.

For such a person, Zhou Shuo couldn't figure out what kind of date it was that allowed Xia Liang to dress himself up so carefully.

But Zhou Shuo didn't dare to delay the task given to him by Xia Liang.

He checked the time. He was more than an hour away from getting off work and the place he agreed to meet with the daughter of the Sun family was only half an hour away by car. Xia Liang asked him to come back before getting off work. Time was a bit tight.

But in this way, Xia Liang's request to "talk to her tactfully" may not be too tactful.

Zhou Shuo complained about Xia Liang's blind date routines in his heart and at the same time, couldn't help but give him a compliment.

Half an hour later, Zhou Shuo drove to a stylish coffee bar. The gorgeous daughter of the Sun family was already a little impatient. 

Zhou Shuo walked up to her and bowed politely: "May I ask are you..."

"You are late!"

The daughter of the Sun family unceremoniously expressed her dissatisfaction but when she saw Zhou Shuo's face clearly, she was slightly startled.

"Are you not Xia Liang?"

She had seen Xia Liang's photos before and it has no resemblance to the person in front of her.

Zhou Shuo smiled apologetically.

"I'm sorry, Mr. Xia has arranged a meeting today. We really can't get out of it. He had to let me come to the appointment instead of him and sincerely express his apologies to you."

The daughter of the Sun family looked at Zhou Shuo from top to toe. Compared with Xia Liang who was dressed in a suit and a stereotyped expression in the photo, the man in front of him was taller and handsome. He's more charming in his gestures which makes people fall in love with him at first sight.

People who have an advantage in appearance are generally easier to win the favor and tolerance of others and the daughter of the Sun family is naturally no exception. 

She immediately reduced her anger and smiled, "You sit down."

Zhou Shuo thanked her decently and sat down opposite her. 

"What's your name?" 

"My last name is Zhou and my single name is a new character."

"You are Xia Liang's...?"

"I am his personal assistant."

"Assistant..." 

Sun Family's daughter looked at him.

" You are such a talented person, wouldn't it be too wrong for you to be an assistant?" 

"I don't feel wronged," Zhou Shuo said modestly, "Mr. Xia is kind to me."

The daughter of the Sun family said with a chuckle, "Good birds choose wood for habitation. Assistant Zhou, do you want to think about..."

Before she could finish her words, Zhou Shuo had already returned to the subject.

"I have to rush back before Mr. Xia gets off work so I will say some things straightforwardly. Mr. Xia wants to say that he has seen the photos and understood the background of the family. Since both parties have reached marriageable age, they are all right on every level. Our Mr. Xia is very satisfied with you. If you are also interested in our Mr. Xia, why don't you choose a date to get engaged first? "

"Get engaged?" Sun Family's daughter was stunned. "The other party had already considered getting engaged before we even met? "

"Yes, Mr. Xia is very busy. There is really not much time to go through the whole process of falling in love and getting married. We are all young people in the new era. We must pay attention to efficiency in doing things. Miss Sun, would you like..."

The daughter of the Sun family was so angry that she immediately shot up the table and yelled in spite of her image.

"Marriage first and then love later? Have you watched too many idol dramas? Who does he think he is? So busy that he can't even care about love? Then why marry? Find a cow to pass on his ancestry!"

When she said the last sentence, she grabbed a cup of coffee on the table and splashed it towards him. Fortunately, it was not the first time that Zhou Shuo encountered such a situation. He swiftly moved aside, avoiding the coffee from touching his body.

The daughter of the Sun family didn't have any upper hand and had no affection for this handsome-looking but ignorant young assistant. 

She immediately threw down the phrase "stupid dog" and took up her handbag and left angrily.

Zhou Shuo watched the woman disappear outside the shop and then looked down at his watch. From the meeting to the breakup, it took no more than ten minutes to complete the task successfully.