Chapter 17

Zhou Shuo was standing quietly under a big tree near Xia Family's house at this moment. His current mind is very confused. 

The information Du Lanze instilled in him about the ABO race is really incredible. If Du Lanze hadn't called Xia Lin and Song Yan to verify, he wouldn't believe it.

But how did Xia Lin and Song Yan accept this kind of thing? They seemed to have known what happened early in the morning. Only Xia Liang and Zhou Shou were kept in the dark.

This time, Du Lanze broke into Xia Family's house overnight, saying that he wanted to open Xia Liang's heart knot in time, otherwise the consequences would be unimaginable. 

He didn't know what the consequences were. He just felt very nervous. He was not sure what would happen to Xia Liang after listening. Zhou Shou looked up at the crescent moon in the sky, suffering in his heart, as if waiting for a long trial.

"So, what you mean is that Zhou Shuo and I...our behavior is because I'm in heat?" Xia Liang repeated inconceivably.

"Yes. To be precise, it is the Omega pheromone radiating from your body that has produced a fatal temptation to Zhou Shuo, who is an Alpha. You always thought that Zhou Shuo offended you first, but in fact, you are the one who tempt him."

Xia Liang still didn't quite believe it. 

"Could it be that an Alpha doesn't have the ability to resist at all?

Du Lanze was silent for a moment then said, "Let me tell you a story. I had a lover before. He is an Alpha and an heir to an upper-class noble family. But we are not blessed. On our side, an Omega is the only best partner for an Alpha because only AO can be combined to produce pure Alpha or Omega. If one of them is a Beta, there is a 90% chance of giving birth to a Beta child. In their opinion, their bloodline will be tarnished."

Xia Liang seemed to be attracted by his story and asked, "What happened later?"

"Just like in many idol dramas, he was forcibly taken back by the elders in the family, forcing him to marry an Omega who is about to enter their heat cycle. Before leaving, he swore to me that he will never marry that Omega, that he will be loyal to me forever. He told me to wait for him and I agreed."

Xia Liang tentatively asked, "He... broke his promise?"

Du Lanze shook his head, "Three months later, I couldn't wait for him. Later on, I learned that he was locked in the Omega's bedroom during his heat cycle and failed to resist. He was angry and blamed himself. With so much hatred, he committed suicide."

Xia Liang fell into silence and did not speak for a long time. After a while, he patted Du Lanze on the shoulder and comforted, "I'm sorry."

Du Lanze put away his sad look and smiled, "This has been a long time ago and I have already moved on.  I just want to tell you, don't blame Zhou Shuo too much. I'm afraid he is probably compelled to do so."

Xia Liang did not speak and fell into deep thought again.

Seeing that he seemed to be listening carefully to what he said, Du Lanze continued, "In fact, I want to find a suitable opportunity to tell you about these things in the future but I met Zhou Shuo and heard him roughly mention what happened with you. Your situation is very dangerous now so I had no choice but to break in overnight."

Xia Liang looked up at him, "What do you mean?" 

"After Zhou Shuo left, did you feel very anxious, panicked, and extremely insecure?"

"Yes." 

Although he was very reluctant to admit it, Xia Liang still answered his question.

"That is an Omega's normal reaction after being marked. You will rely on the Alpha that marked yourself in every way and even follow him for life because only by your own Alpha can you gain a sense of security and happiness. Once you leave your Alpha, you will suffer a lot of psychological torture-and this reaction is most obvious after the Omega's first release period."

"In our place, a responsible Alpha will accompany their Omega in the first week after deeply marking his Omega and a mature Omega will not leave at will during this period, let alone drive his Alpha away from him."

Xia Liang couldn't hear that Du Lanze was accusing him of rudely driving away Zhou Shuo. 

Xia Liang thought for a while then asked, "What would happen if the two aren't together during this period?"

"The impact is not great for the Alpha, but for an Omega, the consequences are serious, ranging from insanity to...self-mutilation."

Xia Liang recalled the phone call he had with Xia Lin before. No wonder the other party was so panicked and afraid to explain. 

Xia Liang thought for a while and then said, "I have another question. You just talked about marking. How does it happen?"

"Alpha's Omega marks are divided into three levels. Primary marks like kissing or hugging can contaminate both party's pheromone but it will soon disappear."

"Intermediate mark, also known as bite mark is when an Alpha bites the soft flesh on the back of an Omega's neck," Du Lanze pointed to a certain position on Xia Liang's neck. "Injecting your own pheromone into the other's blood can also serve as a marker for a period of time but this marking method will gradually disappear."

"Third is depth mark, also known as knotting. Once an Alpha forms a knot in an Omega, the Omega will be marked for life. This mark will not disappear over time unless another Alpha is forced into the Omega's body. The process of performing a second marking will be very painful for the Omega and a weak Omega will even be tortured to death so Omegas need to be very careful when receiving the mark..."

"Wait," Xia Liang seemed to have caught a certain point. "You just said that the depth mark is when an Alpha forms a knot in an Omega. How is this knot formed?"

"That's..." Du Lanze gestured with his hands but found it difficult to answer this question. "This kind of thing. . .I am not an Alpha so I don't know."

But Xia Liang has vaguely guessed, "Is there something stuck in the body?" 

"Well, it should be about the same." Du Lanze said, "Because only in this way can an Alpha guarantee that all his semen will be in the Omega's genital cavity to get the best chance of pregnancy."

"What are you talking about? Pregnancy?" Xia Liang stood up abruptly.

"Yeah. An Omega's body is very suitable for reproducing offspring. Once it is deeply marked, the chance of conception is as high as 80%, so..."

Before he finished speaking, Xia Liang had already walked towards the door. 

Du Lanze chased him and said, "Mr. Xia, where are you going?"

"To buy birth control pills!" 

"But it's midnight, how can a pharmacy be open for business?"

Xia Liang suddenly stopped.

"What's more, our ABO family and the Zero Realm people have different genes. Even if we take contraceptives, it may not be useful."