Chapter 7

Zhou Shuo walked to the door of Xia Liang's bedroom and listened carefully but nothing happened. He leaned on the wall and froze for a while. 

After a few moments, he heard a slight movement from the door as if Xia Liang just came out of the shower.

Zhou Shuo took a deep breath, knocked on the door, and said, "Master, have you finished washing?"

"Well, what's the matter?"

Xia Liang opened the door, his hands still tying the belt of the bathrobe.

"Just now..." 

Zhou Shuo just said two words when his gaze fell on Xia Liang. He found smooth and slightly steamy skin under the other's deep V's placket and the sweet and rich smell floated out from the crack of the door. His breath, in an instant, got into his limbs and internal organs.

He took a step back abruptly, covering his nose in embarrassment.

Xia Liang opened the door, stood halfway up and looked at him, and said, "What's wrong?"

"Just... Song Yan called just now. It seems that there is something important. He said that he would like you to call him back..." 

Zhou Shuo was about to go away, clutching his nose, and finished speaking with anger. He immediately rushed into the toilet on the side and closed the door with a bang.

At this time, his heart was throbbing, dizzy, and the palm of his nose was a little hot.

He stretched out his other hand and pressed the wall lamp. When he looked up again, he saw that his eyes were confused in the mirror, and traces of blood were faintly visible between his fingers. He slowly released his hand and wiped a nosebleed with cold water and closed his eyes in despair.

Xia Liang was stunned for a moment, then walked over and knocked on the door: "Zhou Shuo, are you okay?"

"...I'm okay." 

There was a rush of water in the bathroom, faintly mixed with Zhou Shuo's extremely low voice.

"Are you sick?" Xia Liang asked, "You have been very strange today. If something is uncomfortable, don't force it. I will send you to the hospital."

"No, no..." The rushing water gradually covered Zhou Shuo's voice.

Since childhood, Xia Liang has rarely seen Zhou Shuo get sick. Even if he occasionally catches a fever and a cold, in the eyes of doctors, it is basically routine physical detoxification once a year, and he can recover in one or two days.

But this time, Zhou Shuo didn't look like he had a cold or a fever, but rather like... he had an upset stomach after eating?

Xia Liang waited for a while until the sound of water in the bathroom stopped. Zhou Shuo said again that he was okay and Xia Liang returned to the room to call Song Yan back.

Song Yan quickly answered the phone and said with a grin: "Brother Liang, it's already nighttime on your side? I'm sorry to bother you at so late." 

"If you have something to say, say it directly."

"It's like this. My mother said that I have a distant cousin who will go to City B tomorrow and want me to take care of him. But I am currently abroad and there are no other relatives and friends in City B. I have to ask Liang Brother to take care of him temporarily."

Xia Liang asked, "What did your cousin come to City B for?"

"Okay... he's an actor. I don't know much. I heard from my mother that he has been in this circle for a few years but he is still not popular. I heard that there will be a public audition for a drama in City B. It may last for more than half a month, he can't find a place to stay in City B for a while, so..."

"I see." Xia Liang responded happily, "Send me your cousin's name and contact information later. I will help him arrange it."

Not long after Xia Liang hung up, he received relevant information from Song Yan about his distant cousin.

His cousin's name is Ji Qin. Xia Liang surfed the Internet and found that this young man looks handsome. Several photos look a little shabby. He has starred in several low-cost idol dramas and the ratings are not high but he is not going to be on the street. He has accumulated a certain fan base in the past few years. Seeing him joking with fans on Weibo, he should be a young man with a hearty personality.

Xia Liang glanced at this person's profile, thought about it for a moment, and then took the initiative to call the other person.

"Hello, who is this?" 

When the other party answered the call, he was polite.

"Hello, I'm Song Yan's...friend, Xia Liang." Xia Liang said. " I believe Song Yan has already mentioned it to you. Tomorrow, can you come to City B first? Come to the company and find me. The company address will be sent to you shortly."

The other party was stunned for two seconds before reacting, a little flattered. 

"Sorry for troubling you!"

"No trouble," Xia Liang smiled, "Tomorrow... Maybe I have something to trouble you."

The other party was stunned again. He was just about to ask when Xia Liang said: "Then first, call me tomorrow. You can call me directly."

After hanging up the phone, Xia Liang opened the door and saw that Zhou Shuo hadn't come out of the bathroom. 

He was afraid that something really happened to him so he knocked on the door again: "Zhou Shuo, how are you?"

"No....." 

Under the dim light, Zhou Shuo moved his hand up and paused, trying to suppress his gasping.

"You've been in for almost half an hour," Xia Liang said. "Did you have a bad stomach?"

Hearing Xia Liang's voice, Zhou Shuo closed his eyes and recalled his appearance in the bathrobe. 

His body shuddered all over and he released something piping hot on his hand.

After breathing for a while, he reluctantly calmed his mind and whispered: "Master, I'm really fine. Leave me alone. Go to sleep."

Xia Liang stood outside the door and listened but couldn't hear anything. If Zhou Shuo really had a bad stomach and he kept asking outside, it would make him very embarrassed, right?

Thinking of this, Xia Liang couldn't continue to ask and said, "There are gastrointestinal medicines in the locker. Remember to take them later."

"...Okay." Zhou Shuo sighed silently.