Chapter 40

That evening, Zhou Shuo returned from City B and reported to Xia Liang the results of the treatment.

Xia Liang asked, "You met Song Yan in City B?"

Zhou Shuo was startled for a moment and nodded. 

"What did you guys talk about?"

Zhou Shuo tried hard to recall and roughly repeated Song Yan's remarks. Of course, in order to avoid Xia Liang from losing his temper, he silently omitted some parts but Xia Liang was already able to guess what was going on.

Zhou Shuo felt that something was wrong and asked, "Am I missing something?" 

Xia Liang glanced and waved to him. Zhou Shuo walked to him obediently, listening in a humble way.

"If he's going to confuse you in the future, don't be polite with him. Just hit him directly."

Zhou Shuo thought to himself, that person is your brother-in-law. 

"As for the lawyer..." Halfway through Xia Liang's words, suddenly the phone rang.

During the time he stayed at home all day, the main tool used to communicate with the outside world was his mobile phone. Sometimes he would answer dozens of calls a day so he's now conditioned to frown whenever he hears the ringing of the mobile phone.

The caller ID showed a string of unfamiliar phone numbers. He looked at it and didn't want to answer. 

Xia Liang was about to press the reject button when Zhou Shuo caught a glimpse of the number and exclaimed 'Huh?'.

Zhou Shuo said uncertainly, "This number is a bit familiar, it seems to be Gu Lixuan's agent. He called me this afternoon."

Xia Liang immediately guessed the other party's intention. After a little thought, his finger changed from the reject button to the answer button. 

"Is this Mr. Xia?" The other party asked politely.

Xia Liang didn't answer the other party's question and asked, "Where did you get my private number?" 

He didn't really want to know the answer to this question. It's not difficult to find a private number for a career who relies on contacts to make a living. He asked these words just to give the other side a slap in the face.

"I'm really very sorry," the other party really said while trembling, "Although I know it is very presumptuous to disturb President Xia but...you see, our Xiao Xuan . . . it's not easy for a public figure to work hard for so many years. Mr. Xia, you have to be forgiving. If you have any problems, let's solve them privately. Can we not go to court? "

Xia Liang smiled, "You said it yourself, Gu Lixuan is a public figure. Doesn't he know that he is responsible for his actions? What's more, we have to forgive others? How many disgusting things has he done to Li Mo over the years. Why has he refused to let Li Mo go?"

The agent knew that Gu Lixuan was the first to lose his rationale in this matter and sighed, "We are already persuading him. He will reform and rehabilitate. How about you give him a chance?"

Xia Liang sneered, "If a person is paranoid to the extreme, can he be reformed with a few words of persuasion? Will you believe it? Anyway, I don't believe it. It is fortunate that no one died. But in case someone did, how can this kind of thing be a trifling matter?"

Xia Liang paused and the conversation changed, "However, if you are really sincere in solving it privately, it is not impossible. In addition to paying sufficient mental damage and medical expenses to Li Mo and Ji Qin, I hope that Gu Lixuan can publicly apologized to Li Mo and Ji Qin and promise not to interfere with the work and life of those two in the future."

The agent replied, "It's easy to talk about the compensation, just ask for a price. But a public apology . . . can we discuss it again?" 

"Actor Gu began to cherish his feathers at this time and didn't even have the courage to apologize publicly. What kind of sincerity is this?"

Seeing that Xia Liang was still indifferent, the agent's attitude gradually hardened, "Mr. Xia, I am calling you this time because of the face of your Xia family. But as the saying goes 'Dogs also have to look at their masters'. If you push people too much and hurt our boss's face, then I'm afraid this thing will not be good."

Xia Liang laughed, "You're right, you have to look at the owner when you hit a dog. But if the owner doesn't take his dog out and let it out to bite people, then don't feel sorry for your dog being beaten to death by other people."

Without waiting for any reply from the other party, Xia Liang hung up the phone directly. The agent became angry and turned to the man behind the desk. 

"Mr. Ying, this Xia Liang is hard to deal with. He actually ridiculed you and said..."

The agent was there to add fuel to the fire but Ying Mohua sat on the boss's chair with his legs upright and casually flipped through several photos of Xia Liang in his early years in his phone. 

Xia Liang looked only eighteen or nineteen years old at that time. Although his expression was calm, he could not completely get rid of the immaturity on his face.

"I'm a little curious." He rubbed the silhouette of the person in the photo with his fingertips and murmured to himself, "What does he look like today?" 

The agent didn't hear what he was talking about so he couldn't help but ask, "Ying... Mr. Ying?"

"Okay." Ying Mohua condensed his thoughts and waved to the agent, "You are stupid so don't blame others for slapping you in the face." 

The agent didn't dare to speak.

Ying Mohua turned his head to look at Gu Lixuan who was kneeling on the side. He raised the toes of his shoes against Gu Lixuan's chin and said, "How's your reflection?" 

Since Gu Lixuan was released on bail, he was taken to Ying Mohua's office to kneel.

He seemed to have been used to such torture. Gu Lixuan raised his head and looked at Ying Mohua expressionlessly, "This kind of life is not as good as a dog. I'm tired of it. When I decided to do this, I didn't plan to retire. On Xia Liang's side, there is no need to be bashful to beg him—Ying always wants to deal with me so you can do whatever you want."

Ying Mohua squinted his eyes slightly, the expression on his face didn't show happiness or anger. 

"You are really infatuated with that Li Mo." Gu Lixuan closed his eyes and stopped talking.

Ying Mohua smiled slightly, leaned forward, lifted Gu Lixuan's chin, and said in a gentle voice, "It seems that you and I are destined. I will not force you to stay. Seeing that you have served me with all your heart and soul for several years, I can satisfy your wish. What kind of breakup gift do you want?"

Gu Lixuan opened his eyes and looked at him, "Anything is fine?" 

"As long as I can do it."

"Okay." Gu Lixuan gritted his teeth. His eyes cold like a poisonous snake, "I don't want anything else. I just want to bankrupt Xia's family and let Xia Liang have a taste of nothing."

Ying Mohua was silent for a moment, then suddenly smiled and patted Gu Lixuan's cheek lightly, "Little thing, this is interesting."