Chapter 42

In the face of Xia Liang's straightforward rejection, Ying Mohua didn't get angry. 

He just continued with a smile, "President Xia is too self-effacing. However, I also blame me for being rash and presumptuous. Let's just forget it this time. Wait...we have a chance to meet." 

Ying Mohua's tone is very determined, as if everything is already in hand.

Zhou Shuo listened carefully to Xia Liang's call. After the other party hung up, he asked, "Brother Liang, this Ying Mohua... do you know him?"

"About ten years ago, we met by fate." Xia Liang tried hard to recall, "At that time, I was still in college. During the summer vacation, I went to dad's branch in the United States for an internship. My dad was once invited by a friend and he took me to their cocktail party. There, I met Morton, who is now Ying Mohua."

"You... had a good talk?" Zhou Shuo asked tentatively.

"That's right. At that time, I didn't know his background identity. We exchanged a few words and found that our perception were similar in some aspects. In addition, he was the only one in the reception who is of Chinese descent so we naturally felt closer."

The more Zhou Shuo listens, the more he feels bad. No matter how hard he studies, it is difficult for him to catch up to Xia Liang but Ying Mohua did it easily ten years ago. In other words , Ying Mohua has a higher level of existence for Xia Liang than him. Zhou Shuo's afraid that he will never be able to match it in his life, let alone surpass it.

Although he felt very uncomfortable, Zhou Shuo forced himself to continue asking, "Then...Why didn't you keep in touch?"

"We originally exchanged contact information." after Xia Liang said that, Zhou Shuo felt cold but the next sentence dragged him back from hell, "But when I got home, I deleted his contact information."

"Why?"

"As I've said, I didn't know his background identity at that time. He only told me his name and did not mention his last name. He must have reservations with me. I am not stupid. Except for my name, I did not disclose too much information. But because I was a little curious about him, when I returned home that night, I found his true identity online."

Zhou Shuo was a little surprised. "Is he so famous at that time that you can just find him online?"

"I originally just wanted to try my luck." Xia Liang said, "When I was talking with him, I found that the brooch on his suit was ruby-colored. As soon as I followed my father into the meeting place, I found out that when invited guests hand in the invitation letter, the receptionist will respectfully present them with a ruby ​​brooch. Their invitation letter is different from ours and the treatment we receive is worlds apart."

"So when I saw his brooch at that time, I faintly guessed that his status might not be average but I didn't expect that he would be the third heir of the Nelson family. He should not be underestimated. I realized that I might have provoke someone who shouldn't be provoked so I immediately went to discuss the matter with my dad. My dad's thoughts are the same. Besides, after not disclosing too much information, I was advised to change my mobile phone number and not contact him again."

Zhou Shuo was a little confused, "But why? His background is excellent. It'd be good if you can climb into their family."

Xia Liang laughed. 

"It's like our family and the Song family," Xia Liang explained patiently. "In our families, both grandfathers started from scratch and the accumulated family business is only three generations. In the eyes of ordinary people, it is considered a good foundation but in the eyes of the chaebols that can be traced back more than ten or even dozens of generations, our new family businesses are weaker than ants in vitality."

Xia Liang continued, "Business cooperation requires not only the foundation but also fate. The Xia and Song family grandfathers have worked together several times and the friendship has always been good, so even if Song Yan and Xiao Lin's relationship is controversial, there is still room for change."

"But imagine if one of the parties is a rich family like Nelson. The status of the two families cannot be equal nor can there be a mutually beneficial situation of cooperation. Under such a background, if two young lovers ignore the elders' objection and insists on being together, it would only end in tragedy. Regardless of marriage and love, business cooperation alone is the same. At the beginning, my dad asked me to disconnect from Morton as soon as possible because he was afraid that the supporters behind Morton would think that this was an encounter with impure motives and then hold precautions and even hostility towards us."

Zhou Shuo said with a puzzled look, "A big family like Nelson should have a lot of people who want to cling to them, right?"

"There're a lot but it also depends on whether they're useful to them." Xia Liang smiled helplessly, "In their opinion, a family with a shallow background like us is not worth mentioning. There is no need to bother soliciting. If the other party doesn't like it then there can only be two results-either be treated as a pawn and be used when they want to use it. If they don't want to use it, then put it far away; or be treated as cannon fodder and be thrown away when used up."

Zhou Shuo asked again, "But what you just said was the benefits and losses weighed from the perspective of the family, so personally, since you and Morton had a very happy conversation, in your heart... are you reluctant?"

Xia Liang glanced at Zhou Shuo amusedly, "Is there anything I can't bear? In places like cocktail parties, there are too many people who are like snakes. Even if I meet one or two people who I can talk with, who knows what the other party is thinking?"

"What's more, after that reception, my vacation was over. I just replaced the phone that I bought temporarily in the United States. There were only a few numbers in the phone which didn't affect me much. This time, if it were not for Ying Mohua's appearance, I would have forgotten the incident ten years ago."

Zhou Shuo could hear him completely but he said, "You have forgotten him thoroughly but he seems to still be obsessed with you."

Xia Liang also seemed to be a little concerned and murmured, "I really didn't expect that he would return to take over their matriarchal industry. It seems...the struggle for inheritance rights within their family has gradually emerged. What is his purpose for finding me at this time and showing me such kindness?"

Zhou Shuo thought for a while and volunteered, "Brother Liang, do you want me..."

Xia Liang waved his hand, "It's better to be more cautious. Don't act rashly before knowing where the other party is coming from. For now, we will do nothing and just observe."