Chapter 58

Before nine o'clock in the evening, Wen Ping walked back slowly towards Ai Sheng Hotel, carrying a bag of fruit. 

Recently, his eyelids have always jumped inexplicably. As the old saying goes, the left eye jumps for money and the right eye jumps for disaster, but both eyelids jumped together. 

Is it wealth or disaster?

When Wen Ping walked into the hotel, the young man Yingbin had already recognized him. Knowing that he was a distinguished guest who had been specially invited by President Song to stay here, the smile on his face was particularly cordial when he saluted him.

Wen Ping also responded with a smile and asked casually, "Aren't you off work yet?" 

"Soon," the young man replied, "In half an hour..." 

Wen Ping's footsteps suddenly paused.

The young man saw that Wen Ping's expression was wrong and cautiously asked, "Mr. Wen, what's the matter?" 

Wen Ping looked back and found that outside the hotel's door, the night was heavy. Except for the light from the street lamp on the opposite side, he found nothing unusual.

"Is it just my illusion..." Wen Ping mumbled suspiciously. 

At the moment he greeted the young man, he clearly caught a glimpse of a figure behind him from the corner of his eyes.

The young man looked around Wen Ping's line of sight and asked, "Mr. Wen, what can I do for you?" 

"Oh, no, it's okay." 

Wen Ping put aside his doubts, smiled at the guy again, and wandered into the elevator.

In the shadow outside the hotel, a man wearing a peaked cap looked at Wen Ping's back, and compared Wen Ping's appearance on a photo in his hand, muttering to himself, "It should be him...."

This person is Gu Lixuan who has just arrived to City D. 

The photo in his hand was taken when he helped Ying Mohua's assistant pick up the fallen photos last time. Two minutes later, Gu Lixuan pressed the brim of his hat and walked into the hotel door.

Before the welcoming guy could greet him, he walked directly to the front desk.

"Excuse me, is there a Mr. Wen living here?" 

The front desk customer service asked cautiously, "Which Mr. Wen?"

"Oh, I forgot to ask." Gu Lixuan used his excellent acting skills and patted the back of his head, acting annoyed. "I only know that his surname is Wen. Before I took my taxi, he left his mobile phone behind. I hurried back to chase him and saw him walk into the door of this hotel from a distance. He should have just been in here. Do you have any impression?"

The welcoming guy said, "Oh, that's the one just now." 

The customer service winked at him and the young man closed his mouth with afterthought.

"Sorry, gentleman, our customer information here is confidential. If you are sure that it is the gentleman who just came in, please allow me to call him to confirm." 

Gu Lixuan shook his cell phone and said, "I said, his cell phone fell in my taxi. How can you call him? You just need to tell me which room he lives in."

The customer service glanced at him and dialed the landline in the screen room but no one answered for a while. 

Gu Lixuan said, "I said that I can't get in touch so I might as well look for him myself."