Chapter 62

Zhou Shuo glanced at Xia Xia and sighed, "You should have heard Du Lanze say that Xia Xia...she also has talent skills." 

Xia Liang did hear Du Lanze mention it before.

Before Xia Xia turned three years old, Xia Liang had been looking forward to her return. Whenever he saw the photos that Du Lanze brought back and found that Xia Xia grew up healthily day by day, he wondered why Zhou Shuo hadn't brought Xia Xia back. 

Have you forgotten your promise?

Later, Du Lanze revealed some information vaguely, saying that when a child is newly born, the organization should closely observe whether the child possesses unique talents and skills. 

They can't observe the signs from children who are too small so they have to grow up to show some clues. If Xia Xia really possesses a unique skill, the organization will not let her go easily.

When Xia Liang first heard the news, he was very angry. What is the difference between this and house arrest?

But then Xia Liang changed his mind. Xia Xia was a premature baby and she almost didn't survive when she was born. Thanks to Wen Ping who took the child to the other realm to receive the best treatment, her life was saved. 

After waiting for more than half a year without any hope, Du Lanze told him that the child had been identified as an owner of a unique talent skill but the child was too young and the skill characteristics were not obvious, further observation and confirmation were needed.

Thinking of this, Xia Liang suddenly understood. 

"Over there, Xia Xia's talent skills have been determined, so they let you come back?"

"We are now coming back just for a temporary family visit." Zhou Shuo said, "But we were only granted one month. One month later, I need to take Xia Xia back and continue the observation."

"Why continue the observation? Is there any problem with her talent skills?" 

"Her skills are okay, but..." Zhou Shuo pondered for a moment and said, "Because it is too rare and the child is too young, there are many uncertain factors. There is a belief that before the child has normal autonomous judgment ability, it is not advisable to let her be in contact with the outside world for too long."

Xia Liang was startled. 

"What are her talent skills?" 

"I think you almost guessed it." Zhou Shuo continued, "She can make time stand still for a short while." 

Xia Liang took a deep breath.

At the moment when the note appeared out of thin air, such a vague idea indeed flashed in his mind, but he did not dare to think about it. 

This skill is terrible. If it is in the hands of an immature child, it can easily cause a disaster.

Xia Liang sat there in silence, without speaking for a while. The joy of reunion after their long separation diminished a lot. 

Xia Xia is also saw Xia Liang's reaction. Seeing Xia Liang's calm face without speaking, the arrogance and domineering expression on her face have long since disappeared.

She timidly walked to Xia Liang and pulled his hand, "Mom, are you angry? Xia Xia is wrong. Xia Xia will never play pranks anymore." 

Xia Liang's heart was sour. He pulled Xia Xia into his arms and whispered, "I'm not angry with you, just a little....." 

He had mixed feelings in his heart and he couldn't continue speaking halfway through his words.

Xia Xia possesses such talents and skills and she is destined to not be able to live normally like ordinary children. She will be monitored for life. Her behavior will be restrained and she may even be forced to serve the organization when she grows up.

In short, it is absolutely impossible for the ABO family to let Xia Xia return to him easily. 

"So," Xia Liang looked at Zhou Shuo, "A month later, you still have to take Xia Xia back there, don't you?" 

Zhou Shuo nodded silently.

"So, who will supervise you during this period of time?" Xia Liang continued, "Although they agreed to let you come back to visit relatives, they can never completely trust you, right?" 

Zhou Shuo hesitated and said, "I am Xia Xia's guardian and her supervisor." 

Xia Liang frowned, "You are her supervisor? You are supervising your child? Will they trust you?"

Zhou Shuo lowered his eyes and said nothing. Xia Liang stood up abruptly.

"Zhou Shuo, are you hiding things from me? Tell me the truth." 

Zhou Shuo slowly raised his eyes and looked at him. 

"Brother Liang, I have... joined the ABO family."

Xia Liang felt cold all over and instantly felt betrayed by Zhou Shuo.

Zhou Shuo seemed to have expected Xia Liang's reaction a long time ago and hurriedly explained.

"Brother Liang, I had difficulties. Xia Xia was dying and saving her required very expensive medical expenses. Wen Ping promised me that Xia Xia's medical expenses will be shouldered by the organization. But not long after, a civil strife broke out among the ABOs. The faction that mastered medical technology used Xia Xia to threaten me to join the ABO clan and be loyal to the organization."

"At that time, Xia Xia was in a critical condition and I couldn't delay her for even half a minute. In order to ask them to treat Xia Xia as soon as possible, I had to agree to their request and even joined the army to help them quell the civil strife. Fortunately, they treated people with military merits very preferentially. I will use my military merits to offset the living expenses and medical expenses of me and Xia Xia over there."

"You... also joined the army?" 

Xia Liang's eyes fell on the opponent's wrist, only to find that half of Zhou Shou's wrist outside the long sleeve had a long scar.

He clasped Zhou Shuo's wrist and said, "Have your hand been injured?" 

"It's okay, it's just a minor injury." Zhou Shuo retracted his hand and covered the scar with his sleeve. 

But Xia Xia interjected, "Dad has a lot of scars on his body and the biggest one is on his back waist."

Zhou Shuo turned his head and reprimanded her, "Don't talk nonsense!" 

"I'm not talking nonsense. One time when you were in the shower..." Xia Xia realized something and quickly covered her mouth. 

"You actually watched me take a shower!" Zhou Shuo turned black with anger, and was about to rush over to spank her.

Xia Xia quickly hid behind Xia Liang and pitifully asked Xia Liang for help. 

Zhou Shuo pointed to Xia Xia and said, "Confess honestly, besides peeking at me taking a bath, have you peeped at other people taking a bath?"

"I've seen all of your uncles, how about it?" Xia Xia made an arrogant look at Zhou Shuo.

Zhou Shuo almost sprayed a mouthful of blood. "You are a little girl. Don't look at evil, don't listen to evil, do you understand? How can you marry like this in the future?"

Xia Liang didn't care about them. He pulled Zhou Shuo's arm and said, "Turn around. Lift up your clothes and let me see your injuries."