Chapter 65

After the death of Old Mrs. Xia, the two brothers of the Xia family returned her ashes to the old Xia family house. 

Within a few days, family and friends came to express their condolences in an endless stream. Even Li Mo and Ji Qin, two big stars who are currently popular in the entertainment industry, took time out of their busy schedule.

The two traveled without showing their face, dressed very low-key, and avoided everyone's eyes as much as possible. After everyone left one after another, Li Mo found the opportunity to talk with Xia Liang alone and sat with him for a while.

Li Mo didn't know about Xia Liang's pregnancy and childbirth. He heard that Xia Liang had been in bed for several months and just thought that he was stabbed in the abdomen by Gu Lixuan. 

After the incident, Gu Lixuan had his memories erased by Wen Ping. In the court trial, he did not speak up. He just sometimes laughed and cursed. He was suspected of mental problems and was sent to the mental hospital instead of prison.

At this moment, both of them are very tacitly avoiding talking about Gu Lixuan.

The sound of Ji Qin teasing Xia Xia was heard in the living room. Li Mo glanced at Xia Xia and saw that there was no woman who he can suspect as her mother beside her so he asked Xia Liang carefully, "I heard that Xia Xia was recognized as your daughter, is this true?"

Xia Liang's eyes lingered on Xia Xia. "Xia Xia is not recognized, she's originally my daughter." 

Li Mo was slightly surprised. He had known Xia Liang for so many years and he had never seen such a gentle look on his face like now.

Li Mo sighed and said emotionally, "You have changed." 

"How?"

"In the past, you gave me the feeling that you were a workaholic, supporting the entire Xia family with your own responsibilities and obligations. But now," Li Mo looked at Xia Liang, "I think you look more popular. "

Xia Liang smiled and did not answer. Xia Xia's origins are too sensitive and he is always cautious not to say a word. 

"So what about you?" Xia Liang changed the topic, took a look at Ji Qin who was in the living room with Xia Xia, and asked, "What is the situation between you and Ji Qin these past few years?"

The two have become popular since they collaborated on a drama four years ago. Although they rarely had the opportunity to cooperate in filming, their friendship in private has been good. 

But... it's just good. 

Ji Qin came out publicly in front of the media last year and claimed that he already had a sweetheart.

As a result, the media have speculated whether the sweetheart he was talking about was Li Mo, who has been a CP with him for several years. Regarding this speculation, neither party has responded positively. When Ji Qin mentioned his sweetheart, he closed his mouth and refused to disclose a word.

Li Mo shook his head and laughed, "Don't listen to those rumors. Ji Qin and I are innocent friends." 

Xia Liang wondered, "Then why have you avoided this question so many times?" 

Li Mo helplessly said, "That kid Ji Qin is using me as a shield."

Xia Liang was taken aback. "Ji Qin said it himself?" 

"Yes!" 

"And you believed what he said?"

"Why won't I believe it?" Li Mo looked innocent. 

Xia Liang asked again, "Then do you know who his sweetheart is?" 

"This... he didn't say anything" 

"Have you never asked him?"

"That is his personal privacy. If he doesn't want to say it, then I don't have to gossip, do I? " 

Xia Liang suddenly felt a little sympathy for Ji Qin who was simply like a ghost hitting the wall. 

Three days later, the Xia family closed their doors and thanked the guests.

Xia Liang is the eldest grandson of the Xia family. According to the rules of Xia's ancestors, when the elders pass away, the juniors of the immediate family must stay in front of the spirit for seven days and seven nights.

When Father Xia passed away two years ago, Old Mrs. Xia felt sorry for her two grandsons and didn't let them kneel before their spirits. Now that Old Mrs. Xia also passed away, Xia Liang decided to make up for Xia family's share.

The old lady believed in Buddhism when she was alive so he personally wrote and copied the scriptures before the spirit, praying for the deceased. When he finished copying a volume, he looked up and found that Xia Lin had walked in at some unknown time and was silently by his side.

Xia Liang said, "I am kneeling here to pray for blessings and to redeem my sin. You don't have to accompany me like this." 

Xia Lin knowingly asked, "I can pray with you. As for the atonement, what sin do you want to atone?"

Xia Liang sighed quietly. "I have promised my grandma many things, but have only fulfilled few. Even if she met her great-granddaughter before her death, I didn't tell her the truth."

Xia Lin knew that the reason Xia Liang felt guilty was nothing more than not fulfilling his promise to the old lady. In the early years, the old lady Xia repeatedly urged him to marry. Later, Xia Liang got pregnant unexpectedly and gave birth to a child whose origins could not be for outsiders, making it even more impossible to explain to the old lady.

In recent years, Xia Liang stayed in different places for various reasons in order to avoid the old lady. He rarely had time to go home and visit. Once the old lady brought up the marriage event, he would find another excuse to slip away.

Now that the two elders of the Xia family have passed away one after another, the blade that Xia Liang hung above his head disappeared but he did not feel relieved because of this. He only felt that he would owed the elders an explanation for the issue of his child.

"Grandma will forgive you." Xia Lin gently held Xia Liang's hand and said with relief, "At least she saw Xia Xia before she died, and she really liked Xia Xia. "

Xia Liang sighed. The atonement he said was far from the case. It's just that there are some things he hasn't figured out how to say to Xia Lin. 

Xia Lin didn't know what he thought of and muttered to himself, "Actually, I'm very satisfied that  grandma lived a long life."

"Lived a long life?" Xia Liang frowned, feeling that there was something in Xia Lin's words. 

Xia Lin came back to his senses, and found that he had missed his words, so he shook his head and skipped the topic.

He and Song Yan were reborn and given another chance at life. Not only did they change their own destiny, but they also changed the destiny of many people around him. 

The old lady Xia lived for many years longer than their previous life. In these years, although she had always been worried about her eldest grandson's marriage, most of the time, she lived far healthier and happier than in her previous life.

Xia Lin feels worthy of the many people around him, but he is ashamed of facing Xia Liang—if they hadn't lived again, they wouldn't have collided with the plane of existence, and Xia Liang and Zhou Shuo would not have been genetically mapped.

The two brothers were carrying on their own thoughts and then unanimously said, "That..."

The two of them were stunned at the same time and Xia Lin smiled. "You speak first."

When Xia Liang was about to speak, he suddenly heard Zhou Shuo's voice outside the door, "President Ying, it is too late now and the head of the family is already behind closed doors. It is not proper for you to come in like this."