Chapter 29

After hearing this, Xia Liang actually stretched out his hand to touch his stomach but then he let go of his hand as if he realized that he had done a stupid thing.

Zhou Shuo straightened up, kneeled down at Xia Liang's feet, and said eagerly, "Brother Liang, whether you say I am selfish or I am a rascal, I really don't want the child to be sentenced to death."

"I have never seen my parents since I was a child. I heard the dean of the orphanage say that when I was a few months old, my parents just left me at the door of the orphanage. I always wondered why my parents abandoned me. Is it because of poverty or because of being intolerant of the world? If I have a child in the future, I will definitely not abandon it. Even if I don't have any money, I will raise the child. Even if I am not tolerated by the world, I will take the child to a place where no one knows us. As long as I live, I will never abandon my child..."

"I understand what you mean." 

Xia Liang's mood gradually calmed down. He leaned forward and approached Zhou Shuo. 

"I know that you are reluctant. You had no father and mother since you were young. Now, you can have one more blood relative. Furthermore, this is also my blood and I am not without feelings for it."

Zhou Shuo was stunned for a moment. He didn't expect Xia Liang to react like this.

Xia Liang continued to say, "But the problem is, this kid is in the wrong place. I don't care how this kind of thing is justified in the world of ABO but in the common sense here, without Alpha, without Omega, it is impossible for a man to have children. Letting the child live is a good thought but what should we do in the future? How will I hide from the eyes of the world? How do I explain its origin to the elders? Even if these are not problems, the most important thing is how I will give birth to it. There is no hospital here that has delivered children for men. What if there's an accident during the delivery process, what will you ask the hospital to do? Have you thought about these real problems? Can we afford these risks? "

Zhou Shuo was speechless. Since knowing that Xia Liang was pregnant, his emotions have been fluctuating up and down. He has been wandering between obeying or defying Xia Liang's will but he did not expect that during the time he was hesitating, Xia Liang had already thought about so many things silently.

Seeing Zhou Shuo not speaking, Xia Liang took a sigh of relief and continued, "Of course, the above-mentioned problems are only ideal, the actual situation will be crueler than this. After giving birth to the child, the Xia family will be turned upside down."

Zhou Shuo was taken aback. He looked at Xia Liang, puzzled.

Xia Liang continued, "My dad has handed over the entire Xia family to my hands. I am now equivalent to the identity of the Xia family head but I am still too young and the family elders are still alive. Whenever a decision is made about the fate of the family, the pros and cons of all parties must be carefully weighed. This is only an internal worry, there are also external troubles. After the Xia and Song families joined forces, the momentum of development is too strong. Others in the circle are watching us, just waiting to find opportunities to pour dirty water on us. At this time, I must be cautious and avoid making any mistakes. If the news of my pregnancy and childbirth goes public, the entire Xia family enterprise will immediately be embarrassed and the Song family may even be discredited. I can't let the Xia family be destroyed in my hands, do you understand? "

Zhou Shuo maintained the posture of sitting on his knees, hanging his head without speaking for a long time. 

When Xia Liang thought that Zhou Shuo was discouraged and wanted to give up, he heard Zhou Shuo say something. 

"I can."

"What?" Xia Liang didn't understand for a while.

"Brother Liang. . ." 

Zhou Shuo clenched his hands into fists, as if he had plucked up his lifelong courage, raised his head, and looked at Xia Liang. 

"I did not consider all the difficulties and obstacles you mentioned before but now that you have said it, I will try to think of a solution. "

Xia Liang didn't expect him to be so stubborn. He shivered with anger when he pointed at Zhou Shou. 

"Well, tell me. What shit can you do?!"

Zhou Shuo thought about it seriously and said, "We do lack experience in giving birth but I think we can discuss this with Du Lanze, maybe he will have a more appropriate solution. As for what you said, those internal and external troubles are all based on the fact that everything is done by yourself. You are in the light and they are in the dark. But if you change the mode of operation, let me be in front of the stage, become your hands, eyes, and ears while you are hidden behind the scenes, you can strategize and win from a thousand miles away."

"Brother Liang, you always said that I lacked self-confidence and did not understand the leader. I actually don't understand but I don't think it is necessary. It is enough for the Xia family to have you. I just want to follow you and be your assistant. But now, the situation has changed and I have a goal and motivation. As long as you give me a chance, I will do my best to satisfy you. Brother Liang, please believe me! "

Xia Liang narrowed his eyes and stared at Zhou Shuo calmly for a long time.

In the past, he deliberately cultivated Zhou Shuo to be a great help for him in the Xia family but Zhou Shuo was concerned about Grandma Xia's fear of people with other surnames and has been deliberately keeping a low profile and willing to be mediocre.

Unexpectedly, this child actually has an inspiring and majestic fighting spirit. It made Xia Liang look at him with admiration.

Zhou Shuo thought that Xia Liang didn't say anything because of doubts about his proposal so he added, "You can hide behind the scenes and you can also change from onstage to offstage. You can get rid of those unkind stalkers. We can also lay down a circle of doubts in a pleasant way. What is true and what is false will be mixed, making it unpredictable. This will make them look forward and backward and dare not make a move..."

Before Zhou Shuo finished speaking, Xia Liang suddenly asked, "After the child is born, who will raise it?"

Zhou Shuo was stunned for a while and it took a long time to understand. For fear that Xia Liang would regret it, he immediately held Xia Liang's hand. 

"I'll raise it! Brother Liang, as long as you are willing to give birth to the child, I will do everything. It won't cause you any trouble!"

Xia Liang stroked his forehead. He was definitely caught just now and he would follow Zhou Shuo's thinking about these things after the child is born.

In fact, he was just asking casually but only after the words were spoken did he realize that he was digging a hole for himself, a hole that would be difficult to come out after jumping in.