Chapter 44

The Mid-Autumn Festival was originally a day for family reunion. Old Mrs. Xia was very unhappy because neither her son nor grandson could go home to spend the festival with her.

Before dinner, Old Mrs. Xia complained to Xia Liang in a WeChat video, "You, father and son, are not at home, are you trying to make me angry? It's better for Xiao Lin, knowing that he will bring the Song family back to accompany this old lady for the holidays. "

Xia Liang laughed and subconsciously covered his belly. He has been eating well in the past few months and his belly has grown a bit bigger. Fortunately, they can't see any clues just by looking at his face so he only dared to show his head in the video.

"You always have endless projects!"

Xia Liang lied, "When the projects at hand are over, I will go home to accompany you immediately." 

"You always have projects that you can't finish!" Old Mrs. Xia didn't eat his lie. "I haven't seen you for several months."

"Well..." Xia Liang said with a guilty conscience, "I may have to wait another two or three months." Immediately, he quickly turned off the topic, "By the way, why is dad not at home?"

"He answered the phone two days ago and said that there was something wrong with the branch in the US so he hurried to go abroad." 

Xia Liang's expression condensed, "What's the problem? Why didn't Dad mention it to me?"

"Maybe it's not a big problem." Mrs. Xia said. "The last time I called him, he kept saying that it was all right and he would be back after a few more days."

"Oh." Xia Liang knew that Mrs. Xia wasn't very interested in business matters and didn't know much about it. He didn't ask any more questions at the moment but secretly became interested in this matter.

After the video call ended, he immediately called Father Xia. When his father answered the call, he seemed to be busy explaining something to the people around him and was a little absent-minded.

"Xiao Liang, why would you call me?" 

Xia Liang said, "Dad, happy Mid-Autumn Festival."

"Oh...oh," Father Xia was taken aback before he realized, "Yes, yes, I almost forgot about the Mid-Autumn Festival at your place today." 

"Dad, I heard grandma say that there is a problem with the branch in the United States. Is it serious?"

Father Xia pondered for a moment and then sighed, "Xiao Liang, your grandma is not here so I won't hide it from you. Actually...the situation is not very optimistic." 

When Xia Liang walked out of the study, he felt a little heavy but there are still guests at home, so he can't show all his concerns on his face.

At this time, Du Lanze and Wen Ping were sitting in the living room, tasting the moon cakes made by Zhou Shuo. They were full of praise for Zhou Shuo's craftsmanship. 

"Let me say that Zhou Shuo's cooking skills are definitely one of the best among Alphas." Du Lanze said.

Wen Ping agreed with a smile, "I agree with this. Alpha, who is as gentle, considerate, and has its own cooking skills like Zhou Shuo, really hopes to give me a dozen."

Zhou Shuo was a little embarrassed by the praise and just laughed. Seeing Xia Liang walking out, he handed him a fresh mooncake like a treasure. 

"Brother Liang, try it. This is my first time making mooncakes. I don't know if they are good or not but they all say they taste good."

After Xia Liang finished a moon cake, he commented concisely, "Slightly sweet." 

Zhou Shuo replied humbly, "Then I will put a little less sugar next time."

"Oh, I shouldn't have chosen to come over today," Du Lanze exaggeratedly covered his eyes, "This dog food... it's almost choking me to death." 

On the contrary, Wen Ping was more careful seeing that Xia Liang seemed to have something in his heart. He found an excuse and took Du Lanze and left.

After sending the two away, Xia Liang had no intention of concealing it anymore. 

"Zhou Shuo, I hope you can take a trip to America for me." 

Zhou Shuo was startled, "What's wrong?"

"I don't know who designed several branches in the U.S., they were in debt overnight. Dad has already rushed to the United States to deal with it but the current situation... is really not optimistic. I am worried that he will get sick. I originally wanted to go there in person but I can't, so..."

"I see," Zhou Shuo said without waiting for him to finish. "Brother Liang, don't worry. I will leave tomorrow. You can rest at home and leave it to me."

Xia Liang is getting heavier recently. He started to fall asleep just after nine o'clock in the evening but this night, with the branch office in his mind, he tossed and turned on the bed and couldn't sleep for a long time.

He listened to the sound of Zhou Shuo pacing back and forth outside the door, the sound of telephone calls, the sound of packing luggage, until finally fell into silence.

He couldn't help it so he got out of bed in his pajamas and when he opened the bedroom door, he saw Zhou Shuo sitting cross-legged on the sofa in the living room, holding a laptop in his hand while looking at something intently with his head down.

Hearing the noise, Zhou Shuo raised his head and stared at Xia Liang. After a moment of surprise, he asked, "Brother Liang, why haven't you slept yet?" 

"Can't sleep." Xia Liang replied lightly, walked over to Zhou Shuo and sat down, and asked, "What are you looking at?"

"I'm checking what the Nelson family has been doing in the recent months." 

Xia Liang gave him a surprised look, "What a coincidence, I was also thinking of the same thing."

Zhou Shuo seemed to be encouraged and lifted up a bit, "Do you also suspect Ying Mohua?" 

"There is no conclusive evidence yet, it's just an intuition." Xia Liang said, "If the other party did it..."

Zhou Shuo stretched out his hand and shook Xia Liang's somewhat cold fingers. 

"Don't be afraid, Brother Liang. As long as the other party has a plan, he will definitely show his feet. This is what you taught me."

Under the dim light, Xia Liang quietly looked at Zhou Shuo for a long time. 

It wasn't until this moment that Xia Liang suddenly realized that the boy who he had been looking at growing up had sharp edges and corners, and his eyebrows were firm. 

He already looked like a mature man.