Chapter 33

That afternoon, Du Lanze hurriedly brought the doctor to give Xia Liang a check-up. 

When Zhou Shuo opened the door, he found that the doctor Du Lanze was talking about was actually Ke Mei.

He had some impressions of Ke Mei. 

A few years ago when Xia Lin was still in college, he had asked Zhou Shuo to drive him in front of a hospital.

At that time, Ke Mei was wearing a white coat and standing on the sidewalk outside the hospital gate waiting for them. Although Zhou Shuo just glanced at him from the car, he was deeply impressed.

Ke Mei's facial features and temperament, even among women, can be regarded as very picky. He's gorgeous but not vulgar.

Of course, Zhou Shuo was impressed by him not only because of his appearance but also because he was already Xia Lin's neurosurgery instructor at a young age so when he found out that Du Lanze's doctor friend was Ke Mei, the word "please" was stuck in his throat and he couldn't spit it out. 

After a long while, he turned his head to look at Du Lanze and said in doubt, "Do you look for a brain surgeon for a birth check?"

Du Lanze waved his hand indifferently, "Don't look at him like this. He is an almighty doctor. Doing a birth check is a piece of cake for him.

Ke Mei pushed Du Lanze, "Are you bragging about it?"

Then he smiled at Zhou Shuo, "We brought a special instrument over here. I am only responsible for operating the instrument. The specifics are the test results of the instrument."

Zhou Shuo has seen the instrument that Ke Mei mentioned from the boxes that they carried. He then dubiously led the two into Xia Liang's bedroom. At this time, Xia Liang had just woken up from a nap and was lying lazily on the bed, feeling unwell.

"Oh, you really lost a lot of weight." 

Du Lanze leaned close to Xia Liang and looked at him with a smile. He pulled a chair and sat down by the bed. 

Xia Liang waved his hand feebly, "Don't talk coldly, where's the doctor?"

"Here." 

Du Lanze pointed at Ke Mei. Ke Mei and Xia Liang haven't met yet and just nodded at each other. Ke Mei then asked Du Lanze to open the box and assemble the two machines together.

Xia Liang had never seen such a strangely constructed instrument and couldn't help asking, "What is this?" 

"The fluoroscope that can see the baby in your stomach." Ke Mei replied.

"Don't you need to do B-ultrasound?" Xia Liang asked. "When did the medical equipment become so advanced?" 

(b-ultrasound:  the use of greyscale imaging in ultrasound renders a two-dimensional image in which the organs and tissues of interest are depicted as points of variable brightness)

"This is a simplified version made by Song Yan's team based on our medical equipment," Du Lanze explained.

Xia Liang had heard a little about the mysterious scientific research team behind Song Yan and only when he saw the exquisitely made experimental products today did he have a substantial feeling about Song Yan's scientific research field.

He didn't say anything and followed Ke Mei's instructions to do a full-body examination. The response of the instrument was very fast. Almost every time an item was checked, a line of characters flashed quickly on the screen but Xia Liang and Zhou Shou couldn't understand the characters.

Zhou Shuo waited patiently before eagerly asking, "How is it?" 

"Very good," Ke Mei smiled, "Everything is normal. The baby already has a fetal heart and the situation is relatively stable."

Zhou Shuo breathed a sigh of relief and asked, "Then why does he vomit so badly?"

"The condition of morning sickness actually varies from person to person." Ke Mei explained, "To put it bluntly, this is a process of the pregnancy environment and the baby's physique. It will get better."

Zhou Shuo nodded half-knowingly and heard Xia Liang ask, "Is it because I am a man that my morning sickness is particularly severe?"

"That's not necessarily true," Ke Mei smiled. "Perhaps you don't know much about this aspect. In fact, your situation is pretty good. Some pregnant women in Zero Realm get hospitalized due to severe vomiting."

Xia Liang was taken aback. "Is there anything like this?" 

Zhou Shuo held Xia Liang's hand with a sad expression, not knowing whether he was comforting the other party or comforting himself.

"Brother Liang, it will be fine. We don't have to go to the hospital."

Xia Liang shook off his hand in a dumbfounded manner, "It's me who vomits, not you, why are you nervous?"

"But I see you vomit like this every day, I am also very..." He wanted to say "distressed", but due to the presence of outsiders, he abruptly swallowed these words back.

Ke Mei saw everything in his eyes. He already understood Zhou Shuo's thoughts. He didn't break it at the moment. He just took out a box of pills from his backpack and said to Xia Liang, "When you vomit badly, take one. You'll feel better and this will bring no harm to your body."

Xia Liang sat up, took the pills, and nodded in thanks to Ke Mei. 

Ke Mei again talked to Xia Liang about the things to pay attention to and agreed on the time for the next check-up. He finally put on the instrument on his back and left with Du Lanze.

When the two of them walked out of the apartment, Ke Mei suddenly said, "Did you know this? Zhou Shuo has been deeply invested in this relationship but Xia Liang doesn't seem to be on the same channel as him. It's really hard to say what the two will become in the future."

Du Lanze scratched his head.

"Zhou Shuo likes Xia Liang and anyone with a discerning eye can see it. But I'm not sure whether he already liked Xia Liang before or if he was led by the pheromone after his change."

Ke Mei turned his head and glanced at Du Lanze in surprise. 

"Have you suffered any psychological trauma? It seems that you have a very pessimistic and negative view on the AO love of your race."

"Have I?" Du Lanze smiled heartlessly, "I am just a Beta. AO loves this profound subject. I have never studied it and I am not interested in researching about it."