Chapter 56

Xia Liang calmed down, strongly pressed his heartbeat that is violent because of the nightmare, and answered the call. 

"Xiao Liang," Xia's father's voice came over the phone, "The problems of several branches in the United States have been resolved and the debt problems left over from before have been evened out."

"Really?" Although Xia Liang had known the result a long time ago, he still smiled cooperatively. "That's a good thing, Dad."

However, Father Xia's voice sounded a little worried. 

"I heard from the person in charge of the branch that it was the Nelson family who secretly helped... Xiao Liang, tell me honestly, is it someone from you and the Nelson family..."

Father Xia said halfway and did not continue. 

Xia Liang knew what he was worried about so he pretended to say lightly, "I do have some contacts with people in their family but the contacts are not deep. The other party exerted nothing more than a simple effort. That's it."

"There is no such thing as a free lunch in the world." Father Xia continued, "Even if it is a matter of effort for others, they will not give you such a favor for no reason." 

Father Xia paused and asked tentatively, " Xiao Liang, you haven't signed any unequal transactions, have you?"

"Why?" Xia Liang laughed, "I have a sense of measure, don't worry. If there is no big problem in the United States, you can come back earlier. Grandma misses you a lot." 

Father Xia breathed a sigh of relief and then hung up the phone after exhorting Xia Liang.

Xia Liang managed to deal with Father Xia and found that his brain blood vessels were still jumping up and down. He couldn't help closing his eyes and reaching out to hold down his temples. 

After a short while, a hand touched the back of his hand, taking over for him and rubbing his temple gently.

"Thank you." Xia Liang could feel the familiar breath of Zhou Shuo which made his tight body relax a bit. 

"Is it okay over there in the U.S.?" Zhou Shuo asked in a low voice.

"For the time being..." Xia Liang said halfway. He was thinking from the call just now to Ying Mohua, and from Ying Mohua to the nightmare that was interrupted in the middle of the night. 

He suddenly changed his face. He had to pick up the phone and dial a string of numbers.

"What's the matter?" Zhou Shuo was a little baffled by his actions. 

"I dreamt of Gu Lixuan." Xia Liang said while rumbling through his address book, "I saw him holding a knife in his hand."

Zhou Shuo's face suddenly became serious. After the previous happenings, he also vaguely learned that Xia Liang's talent skills usually appear in his dreams, which is not a good thing.

"Who does he want to assassinate?" Zhou Shuo asked. 

"I couldn't see clearly." Xia Liang shook his head, "I was interrupted by the phone's ringing."

Zhou Shuo suddenly felt a bit of resentment over the phone call from Father Xia who appeared out of the blue. 

"I'm afraid he was going to Li Mo. The last time he tried, he failed and was fired by his old boss. I'm worried that he would break the jar if he's forced to be in a hurry this time... ..."

As he said that, he dialed out Li Mo's number. The phone rang until it automatically hung up. No one answered. 

"Something must have happened..." Xia Liang was overwhelmed, holding the phone for a moment.

"Don't worry," Zhou Shuo pressed his hand and said, "I will find someone to confirm it first." 

He stood up and dialed a number, exchanged a few words with the other party, and then hung up the phone. His expression was not relaxed. 

Xia Liang asked, "How is it?"

"Ji Qin is still filming." Zhou Shuo said. "The assistant who took care of his phone was the assistant who answered. He said that Brother Mo had just finished filming so he went to the lounge to remove his makeup first. But he went to the lounge and didn't see Brother Mo, he only found his mobile phone on the sofa..."

Before Xia Liang could respond, he quickly dialed another number. This time, the other party didn't say a few words. Zhou Shuo's expression darkened and his tone suddenly became sharp.

Xia Liang's heart was hanging in the air. Before Zhou Shuo hung up, he asked anxiously, "What's the matter, what's the matter?" 

Zhou Shuo hung up the phone, hesitated for a moment, and said, "The two bodyguards assigned to Brother Mo left their duties without permission while Brother Mo was filming. They didn't expect that Brother Mo would be off the scene early today. When they came back, Brother Mo can't be found."

After hearing this, Xia Liang got out of bed as soon as he lifted the quilt. 

"Hurry up and call the police." 

"It has not been 24 hours. The police may not open a case." 

Zhou Shuo stepped forward and held Xia Liang. 

"Brother Liang, don't worry. I will rush to City B. You wait here for my update."

Xia Liang knew that he was indeed unable to do his best with his big belly, so he could only squeeze Zhou Shuo's hand tightly and said, "We must find a way to find Li Mo as soon as possible. The other party has a knife. He wants Li Mo's life!"

"I understand." 

Zhou Shuo knew that no amount of comfort at this moment would be futile. He quickly changed into his coat, then called Wen Ping and asked him to come and take care of Xia Liang on his behalf. 

At the same time, in a tea room in City B, Li Mo and Gu Lixuan sat opposite each other silently.

Gu Lixuan was still wearing a peaked cap and sunglasses. The waiter who came in looked at him curiously. 

"Recently... how are you doing?" Li Mo took the lead in breaking the silence.

"It's okay." Gu Lixuan replied briefly, as if he didn't want to mention more about his current situation. 

"I have been speculating on the internet as to which one you will sign next. To be honest, I am also a little curious."

Gu Lixuan tilted his face slightly, as if looking at Li Mo through his sunglasses unclearly, which made Li Mo a little uncomfortable. But Li Mo knows that Gu Lixuan wears sunglasses to avoid trouble. In such public places, they shouldn't be recognized by others.

Gu Lixuan did not answer Li Mo's question and asked sarcastically, "After what happened last time, you still have the guts to meet with me alone?"

Li Mo fell silent for a moment and said, "Before... we had too many misunderstandings. There are some things, whether you owe me or I owe you, it is unclear. But I know, you have......no bad intentions to me."

"Oh?" Gu Lixuan's face was even more mocking, "You are not afraid that I will treat you like that again..." 

"You won't." Li Mo interrupted him calmly. 

Gu Lixuan looked at him in silence for a moment, the tight corners of his mouth gradually let go. 

"You....." Gu Lixuan leaned back and sighed.

Li Mo smiled knowingly, "Actually, I also know the importance of some things. For example, this time I came out to see you, I am not completely without worries but I want to bet ." He looked straight at Gu Lixuan, "Bet on the last bit of love between you and me."