Chapter 12

That morning when Li Mo got up for breakfast, he heard Ji Qin's voice faintly coming from the balcony on the second floor, as if he was practicing his pronunciation.

Li Mo roughly searched Ji Qin online before going to bed last night. After watching the first two episodes of his latest drama, he found that this person has a good command of lines. The TV series uses his own original sound. He was specially trained.

Now that he saw Ji Qin get up early in the morning to practice pronunciation, he can't help but change his impression of this young man.

Li Mo didn't bother to go up to Ji Qin but just sent a WeChat message telling him that his breakfast was ready and that he should come downstairs to eat after his practice.

A few seconds later, Ji Qin ran down, unceremoniously picking up a piece of toast and stuffing it into his mouth. He said in a vague voice, "Brother Mo, I have to say, your craftsmanship is really good. Even if you don't become an actor in the future, opening a restaurant will ensure that your business is prosperous."

Li Mo moved his hand for a while, "You know that I am an actor?" 

"Uh, Mr. Xia talked to me last night, so..." He suddenly changed the subject, "Brother Mo, can you accompany me to the audition today?"

Li Mo is startled, "You want me to accompany you?" 

"Yeah, I'm a little nervous. If I have someone with me, I'll feel more at ease." 

Li Mo smiled and said, "You are not a newcomer anymore, why are you nervous?"

"Even if I'm not a newcomer, I'll be nervous. Since you are my senior, you may be able to give me some advice on the spot. Brother Mo, you are also free at home anyway, why not go with me?"

Li Mo thought so, so he nodded and agreed.

When the two of them finished their meal and were about to go out, Ji Qin stopped in the hallway. He saw a car key in the hallway and a note under the key: [I drank alcohol in the evening. It's not convenient to drive. I'll leave the car here, you need to pick it up.]

"What's the matter?" Li Mo asked behind him. 

Ji Qin turned around to show him the note in his hand and smiled, "Brother Mo, your friend the president, is really a very good person."

Zhou Shuo attended the meeting that day as an assistant to the president. The agenda was very full. The meeting finally ended when it was close to lunch. 

Zhou Shuo remembered the tasks Xia Liang gave him and roughly recorded several key issues discussed and drove away from the company.

On the way back to Xia's house, he sent a WeChat message to Xia Liang: [Brother Liang, have you eaten yet? Do you want me to bring you lunch? ]

When typing this line of characters, he deleted and changed several times, hesitating between the two titles "Brother Liang" and "Young Master" although last night, he plucked up the courage and called him "Brother Liang". Xia Liang personally agreed but he was a little bit worried about his gains and losses.

After hesitating again, he was heartbroken and sent out the message.

However, after a long time, he did not receive Xia Liang's reply. He felt uneasy. For fear of what might happen to Xia Liang, he bought some hot porridge and drove back to Xia's house.

As soon as he entered the door, he noticed that the breakfast on the dining table wasn't moved. His heart immediately sank.

He ran upstairs and smelled the rich and sweet fragrance across the door. He realized that he had forgotten to wear a mask but he could no longer care about it. 

He knocked on the door and did not hear Xia Liang's response. He turned the doorknob and found that Xia Liang did not lock the door so he pushed the door open directly and rushed in.

He saw Xia Liang curled up slightly on the side of the bed, seeming to be still asleep. 

Zhou Shuo held his breath and leaned over him, calling out in a low voice: "Brother Liang, are you okay? Brother Liang?"

Xia Liang turned his body. The skirt of his nightgown was slightly open, revealing a large area of ​​his skin from the neck to the shoulders, and an abnormal blush was faintly revealed in his white complexion.

Zhou Shuo's Adam's apple bobbed up and down subconsciously. His breath suddenly became chaotic, as if there was a voice in his mind constantly yelling "Possess him! Possess him!" 

Bewitched by this voice, Zhou Shuo gradually lowered his head, his eyes locked tightly on Xia Liang's lips as if he was about to suck into it.

However, at this moment, Xia Liang opened his eyes slightly. After Zhou Shuo left in the morning, he took two cold medicines and fell into a deep sleep.

However, the cold medicine did not relieve his symptoms. He didn't know how long he had been asleep. He only vaguely heard someone pushing the door in, leaning over his bed, and calling him "Brother Liang".

He couldn't tell who this person was for a while and opened his eyes with difficulty. The curtains in the room were thick and the light was dim. He could only vaguely see that it was a tall figure, which was similar to the man he had seen twice in his dream. A momentary overlap.

At this moment, his various senses are very confused but his sense of smell has become very keen. He can smell the strange breath wafting from the other party. It is difficult to use words to describe whether this breath smells good or bad but it is invisible. There was a powerful deterrent, suppressing him condescendingly, making him feel indescribable fear and anxiety.

He moved his body vigilantly, forcing his brain to quickly regain his sanity. When he looked intently again, he realized that the person in front of him was actually Zhou Shuo. 

"You're back." He breathed a sigh of relief and asked, "What time is it?"

"It's past 12 o'clock." Zhou Shuo rolled his Adam's apple with difficulty and said in a dumb voice, "Brother Liang, you... why are you uncomfortable?" 

"I don't know..." Xia Liang rubbed his sore temples, "My body temperature is a bit high but it is not so feverish, and the medicine is not very effective...

"You haven't eaten breakfast yet?" 

"...I have been sleeping before and I don't feel hungry. However, I seem to be a little hungry now."

Xia Liang struggled to get up but was held down by Zhou Shuo. 

"Don't move," Zhou Shuo said in a low-pitched and irrefutable voice, "I bought lunch. I'll feed you."