Chapter 16

Zhou Shuo pinched Du Lanze's neck. He had not finished asking when the other party suddenly broke free from his grasp easily. 

Zhou Shuo was stunned. He rarely got inaccurate in his grappling techniques but the person in front of him was treacherous and he couldn't see how he broke free.

Before Zhou Shuo came forward to catch him, Du Lanze stepped back and said, "Hey, hey, let's talk it out. Why did you suddenly attack me? If it wasn't for Xia Lin, I won't bother worrying about your business."

Zhou Shuo stopped attacking. He remembered that when they first met, this person claimed to be Xia Lin's friend. At that time, Xia Liang wanted to hear more so he talked with Du Lanze patiently. 

Although Zhou Shuo didn't say anything at that time, he basically agreed with Xia Liang's thoughts that this person was probably sick in the head.

However, this time, he was a little shaken. After all, what happened to him in the past few days is too bizarre. If what this person said is true...

Zhou Shuo took a deep breath and said, "I will believe you for now. What exactly is the pheromone that you have mentioned? I hope you can explain it clearly." 

Xia Liang curled up, shivering in the dark.

He believes that his psychological health is not too bad. Even if he has a relationship with the same sex without being conscious, as long as he is given enough time, he should be able to quickly adjust his mentality.

However, the fact is that since Zhou Shuo's departure, he has fallen into unreasonable panic and anxiety. This chaotic negative emotion is greater than the psychological impact he has suffered. He feels that this should not be a psychological problem but a problem with his body.

He endured his physical discomfort, went to the bathroom to wash his body, and went to the kitchen to find some food that could barely fill his stomach but he couldn't eat it at all.

In the end, he could only go back to the bedroom where Zhou Shuo's inexplicable smell remained. Although he didn't like it, it unexpectedly made him feel a little safe.

He didn't dare turn on the light but he feared the darkness and loneliness for no reason. At this moment, all that flashed in his mind was Zhou Shuo's shadow. 

A voice lingered in his ears, telling him that he must find Zhou Shuo and he was the safest when he's with Zhou Shuo.

He felt that such an idea was too absurd but he couldn't help but imagine the scene where he was nestled in Zhou Shuo's arms. 

He felt that he might be schizophrenic.

The phone rang suddenly and the caller ID showed Xia Lin's number. At this time, he wanted to refuse anyone's call but this is his only brother... 

He took a deep breath and then pressed the answer button. He made his voice sound as flawless as possible.

"Xia Lin, it's already late..." 

"Brother, are you staying at home alone now?" 

Xia Liang was startled, "Yes. What's wrong?"

Xia Lin's voice sounded a little hesitant and Song Yan seemed to whisper something to him. 

"Brother, I have a friend. He might meet you in a while. Can you...open the door?"

Xia Liang subconsciously refused. He was extremely insecure at this time. No one but Zhou Shuo could approach him!

But he soon drew back his sanity and said with a pleasant tone, "Xiao Lin, it is already midnight in China. Are you sure your friend is coming over now? Shouldn't normal people choose to visit during the day?"

"No, no, brother, listen to me," Xia Lin's voice sounded a little urgent, with a hint of unspeakable concealment but before he finished speaking, the doorbell of the house downstairs rang.

Xia Liang's whole body became tense in an instant. He dropped his phone, ran downstairs at a very fast speed, turned on the monitoring screen on the controller, and found a young man wearing a peaked cap standing outside the door. 

Under the light, the identity of the visitor could not be seen at all.

Xia Liang hesitated for a moment. Instead of opening the door, he locked all the doors and windows on the first floor.

But he was still very insecure and ran back to the second floor to close the doors and windows on the second floor. 

However, when he opened the door of his bedroom, he found that the young man in the peaked cap had jumped in through the window.

Xia Liang's heart suddenly surged with anger that his privacy was seriously violated. He stood at the door of the bedroom and said sternly, "I don't care who you are, please go out immediately!"

The young man turned a deaf ear to Xia Liang's demand. 

His eyes fell on the cell phone on the bed. He stooped to pick up the cell phone and said to the person on the other end of the phone, "All right. Don't 'hey' me. Your brother doesn't listen to you at all... Fortunately, I am witty. Knowing that he won't open the door easily, I just climbed in through the window... Don't worry, I will have a patient talk with your brother. Okay, okay, I'll hang up now."

Afterward, he hung up the phone and threw the phone back to the bed. 

"..." Xia Liang looked at him and didn't know what to do for a while.

The young man looked around and muttered, "It's too dark, can I turn on the light?" 

Du Lanze walked towards the wall and groped for the switch. 

Xia Liang said in a hurry, "Don't turn on the lights!"

"Okay, I won't turn on the light." The other party raised his hands very cooperatively and slowly leaned towards Xia Liang, "Then we'll just chat in the dark, okay?"

Xia Liang heard his conversation with Xia Lin just now and was basically sure that this person was the friend Xia Lin had mentioned but he still couldn't let go of wariness. 

Xia Liang looked at Du Lanze warily, "Who are you? Why did you break into my house in the middle of the night?"

"We've met before." 

Du Lanze took off his cap, put his face in front of Xia Liang, and tilted his head. 

"My name is Du Lanze. You suggested that I take some medicine a few months ago, remember?"

With the faint moonlight outside the window, Xia Liang could barely see the other person's facial features before vaguely remembering that there was such a person. 

"You are... Du Lanze." 

The young man snapped his fingers happily, "Mr. Xia has a good memory."

Xia Liang raised his lips. He began to participate in the management of the family business when he was young. He has been on the negotiating table for more than ten years. He basically never forgets someone who has reported his name. 

This guy's name is Du Lanze, the guy who talked nonsense in front of him a few months ago. Although he didn't take him seriously afterward, as soon as he saw this face at the moment, he automatically retrieved the person's name from his memory bank.

At this time, Du Lanze had already sat down on the sofa very familiarly and greeted Xia Liang in an anti-guest manner.

"Come on, Mr. Xia. Don't be too restrictive. Let's sit down, open our hearts, and have a good conversation."