Things Will Get Better

You sat up and stretched. Your back was sore from sleeping on the hard floor. You pushed back your hair and turned to see breakfast on a tray beside you, the door was left half open.
You grabbed the grilled cheese off the plate, savouring the warm, cheesy, goodness. After you finished you politely got up and let Alois sleep. Maybe today you would refurnish the manor?

Your guess was right. Alois was taking you to the city to help pick out the new things for the manor, and even though it had only been about three days since you've been home, he wanted to start decorating the nursery. In yellow of course.
You linked arms with Alois and stepped outside with him, it was a cloudy day, not much sun. Every once in a while the sun would peek out though.
You stepped into the carriage first, Alois right behind you. You began to chat with him. "How is Ciel?" He asked.
"He's fine. He over-exaggerated but I think he gets it now." Alois nodded his head in reply.
"And Arielle?" He asked with a grin.
"I wouldn't know, she went I visit her parents, including her siblings."
"How many does she have again?"
"Three, a stepbrother, a stepsister, and a half sister."
"My goodness." Alois exclaimed. From the stories Ciel had told you, Alois had matured a lot within years. He became kinder. "Can we have that many kids?" He grinned.
"Uh..."
"Please? Pretty please? With a cherry on top?"
"I think your getting ahead of yourself." You shook your head.
"Oh alright. I just want you to know that I love you. No matter what." He leaned in to kiss you and then stopped. "Well unless I found you sleeping with another man. Then I might not." You gave him a confused look. "I'm just kidding. I still would." And he kissed you.

The carriage halted to a stop, literally. You went flying, you gasped in surprise. You looked up at Alois and he looked just as confused. You stood up and opened the door and peered out. A little boy stood in front of the carriage, staring blankly at it.
He looked frightened. Someone yelled and he turned and started to run. You saw as police ran after him. You jumped out and ran after them, kicking off your shoes and going barefoot.
You stopped, out of breath as they hit the boy and put him in hand cuffs. "Stop!" You screamed.
"What is it miss?" One of the officers asked.
"You can't arrest him, he's only a child!"
"Yes we can miss. He stole, which is against the law." The officer said. The little boys hair was long and came down almost to his shoulders, now it lay stuck to his neck with sweat. He was crying and his eyes looked weak.
"He wasn't stealing." You quickly stated.
"What?"
"He was coming to show me what he had picked out, I should have come. I'm so sorry, for the misunderstanding." You prayed your lie would work.
"Is that true?" The officer said turning to the boy. The boy nodded quickly. "How are you related to her?" The officer asked.
"She's my sister!" The boy announced, the look on his face thanked you.
"Alright. What are your names?" The officer smirked, hoping you wouldn't know each other and say the wrong names.
"Well, my name is _____ Trancy. I recently got married, so my brother has a different last name."
"What's his first name?"
"We call him Teeny, because he's so short."
"I asked for his first name miss." The officer was getting frustrated.
"My name is Eric, okay?" The boy said. "My sister and I have to go." The boy started to walk to you, the cop pulled him back.
"I thought she was married? Wouldn't she live with her husband without you?" The cop asked.
"No, sir. Eric lives with me. Our parents died a while ago and since then I've been watching him." You smiled, you prayed for Alois to come save you, and he did.
"_____? Where are you?" Alois stopped and looked around a slowly. "I've been looking all over for you. Two. You two." He looked confused but stayed calm and convincing.
"I know, the officer here was just wondering why Eric had stolen. But in fact Eric has not stolen. He was showing us the items, correct?" You smiled at Alois.
"Yes, of course. Officer, I am The Earl Alois Trancy. My wife and I have places to go and we are in a hurry, would you be ever so kind and let us leave?"
"Sure. Go." And with that all of you turned and left. You walked for a but with the boy.
"Okay, see you Eric." You waved as you turned.
"Miss? Could I talk to you alone for a minute?" You nodded and told Alois to go off and you'd find him. You sat down on a bench with Eric. "Why'd you do that for me?"
"I couldn't watch that happen to you. It's just cruel." You shook your head. "Why did you steal?"
"My little sister and I are having problems at home. Big, big problems."
"Do you want to tell me?" He nodded and sighed.
"I live in a small town near by. I live in a small house. I live with my sister and my father. I don't have no mother, and it's all my dad's fault." You nodded and listened carefully.
"When I was seven, that was last year, my mother had a baby. Not my little sister, my little brother. My sister was four. Our brother had been born with blonde hair and light eyes. Dad thought she had been kissing another man.
He got really mad. Really, really mad. He hurt my mom and my brother. Their gone now." The boy started crying. "And dad is scary. If we say the wrong thing or do something bad, he hits us. He hit Ella unconscious once. I helped her though.
But I guess that's not why I stole. Ella's at home right now, waiting for me. We want to run away. Into the city where he'll never find us. But we have not where to go!" He was bawling.
"Come stay with us." The boy looked up at you.
"R-really...?"
"Yes. After all, I am your big sister." You winked at him. Maybe you should have talked with Alois about this...
Meh. Whatever.
"Okay. We have to go get Ella!"
"We will, okay?" The boy smiled up at you. This would be a bad argument with Alois.