Ella

"So tell me about your sister, Eric." You smiled at him as he walked beside you.
"She has short blonde hair, dad always thought that might have been weird because that's why he got mad at mom, but really our grandma had blonde hair and he never ever knew! That's why it's so sad. Ella looks like grandma. Her hair is turning darker everyday though! Mine did too, it was noise when I was a baby. I just think dad was mad because Eli didn't look like him, or mom. Come to think of it he looked nothing like any of us..."
"I see. So listen, sweetie," you took in a breath. "I have to go talk to my husband, your new older brother,"
"But if he's my brother wouldn't you be brother and sister?" Eric interrupted.
"No, honey. I married him so he's your brother in law. Not a real brother."
"He's not my real brother anyways. But I think I'll like him, he sounds like a nice man." You smiled and nodded.
You opened the door to the store and looked around for Alois, spotting his blonde hair near the back. You walked up to him. "Alois? Can we talk?" You asked. Eric sat down on a couch and waited for you. "Is it alright if Eric and his sister stay with us?"
"What." He said quickly.
"Well their father murdered two people. I'm going to tell the cops and they need somewhere to go. Maybe they could work for us?" You suggested.
"They are too young." Alois pointed out.
"We can train them to work for us. Maybe Hannah could teach Ella how to fold sheets and wash them and stuff. And for Eric maybe he could serve us breakfast and lunch and dinner?" You suggested.
"That might work." He paused. "Why the hell not?" He smiled.
You both walked over to Eric. "Okay, Alois and talked and you can't stay with us, not for free." You told him.
"What...?" Eric was about to cry.
"But we have a deal offer." Eric perked up and nodded. "How about you work for us? Instead of paying rent you can help clean and serve us food. We have other staff that would teach you." Eric nodded.
"Ella too?"
"Ella too."
"Are we going to send daddy to jail?" He asked.
"Is that what you want?" Eric nodded hurriedly. "And we'll take custody over you?" Eric nodded again. You all stood up and looked around. "Alois, shall we finish tomorrow?" You asked.
"Finish? We never started." He said as you left the store.

The carriage took you all out the little house in which Eric lived. He sighed and opened the door. You followed him out. Some police had followed you here. You knocked on the door. The police watched in case anything bad happened.
"Hello sir. I am ____ Trancy and I am here with your son. I am an investigator and according to your sons story you were the murderer of Lucille Trale. I came to ask you some questions." Alois was waiting in the carriage down the road, invisible to the house, along with the police. The man offered you inside.
"Just a moment." He said. He brought the Eric outside in the backyard. You heard loud whispers.
"What the hell do you think you're doing?" The low voice asked.
"Giving you what you deserve." Eric said, loud enough for you to hear clearly. "You killed mommy and Eli that night! I saw it happen! You were the one that hit Ella unconscious! You are just a bad man! I will never forgive you!" Eric was in tears, you were sure. Just by the way his voice shook.
"Shut up you little asshole!" The dad yelled. You heard a scream and jumped up to see what happened. Eric was being choked. You let out a scream, making the cops and Alois come running.
You scratched down the mans back, making him stop from hurting Eric and he grabbed you. "Stupid bitch!" He yelled at you, as he punched you. That's was when everything went blank.

You woke up on the small bed you had made with Alois. You looked over to see a little blonde girl laying beside you.
She was wearing a white dress. Her hair was messy and her mouth stay slightly open. She stared at you in awe. "Eric is okay." She whispered. You looked around.
"They went out to buy beds. The rest will be done tomorrow." You sighed in relief.
"What happened while I was out?" You asked her.
"Well, after you got punched you went to sleep. Father kept hitting your boyfriend,"
"Husband." You corrected.
"Husband. The cops took father, saying they didn't care about the murder now, it was more that he was being a threat to society, on top of that. What's a threat?" She asked.
"It means you're telling someone do something or they will get hurt."
"I see. Eric does that a lot to me when I have his toys." You giggled.
"Oh!" She exclaimed sitting up. "I'm Ella."
"Hello Ella. I'm ____." You smiled at her. "Your new older sister."
"I always wanted a sister." She smiled. "Do you know how to braid hair?" You nodded.
"Can you braid mine? It's a little short." You shrugged and she turned around and you braided her hair for her. "What's your boyfriends name?" She asked.
"Husband." You corrected again. "His name is Alois."
"Alo-," she paused, "is. Alo-is. Alois." She finally got it. "I decided something." She said.
"What is that?" You questioned.
"I like the colour green."
"Well, how about we do your room that colour?"
"Really?! Okay!"