Lafayette x Fem!Japanese!Reader

This was a request, I hope you like it!

I was listening to Maps by Maroon five for a good chunk of writing this, you can listen too if you like. 

Enjoy folks!

----------------------------------------------------------------

You were leaving home. It was difficult to say the least. You hated having to leave Japan, your home. And why? Because your parents made you marry an English man who then was summoned by the King of England to serve in his Army as a General in the colonies. You would be someplace new and with a man you barley knew and with a language you knew just enough of. You hated how your parents gave you away and for money they really didn't need. Greed got the better of them, you had a good life, one you cherished. Your husband? He liked your face and that you came with a good amount of spices and tea leaves. You were used to the Dutch who came and gave weapons, but when they brought this one English man with them to see the value of their exploits, it was the end of your happiness. 

You got off the boat and looked around. "Welcome to New York!" your husband groaned. "Lovely, isn't it?"

"Yes. Much lovely." you were careful with your words, not wanting your husband to know how much English you really learned from him and the books the Dutch gave. You hoped that maybe you could talk your way into getting him to live in Japan but you knew that once this war was over that he would bring you to England. "'Very.'" he corrected you. "Yes. 'very' lovely." you said as you took his arm. "Ah! General Marthome!" A red coat approached. "I see this is your stunning foreign bride. She truly has the face of a goddess." He grabbed your hand and kissed it as your husband introduced this mans name to you. "This is Colonel Sarcher. Colonel Sarcher this is my wife, [y/n]." you smile at the Colonel when he lets go of your hand. "Nice to meet you, Colonel." 

"'pleasure' dear." your husband once again corrected. "Ah! Don't correct the young woman so much. She will get the hang of our most wonderous language. 'nice' is simple. I liked it." Colonel Sarcher said giving you a big smile. You just nodded to him and the Colonel then proceeded to escort you and your husband. "Your husband and I go way back. We had the same school tutor that taught us Latin and French!" everything this man said was in a loud tone of voice. So boisterous. "We would often hunt with our fathers together too!"

"What the Colonel is trying to say is that we are close friends." your husband said butting into Colonel Sarcher's rant. "I see. it is very good to have friends." you said softly. "Indeed Mrs. Marthome! Ah! Here we are. This will be your lovely home!" Sarcher then explained that all the furniture was inside and ready and that the rest of the belonging on the ship would be here soon and set up inside for us and that he wanted to invite you both to dinner. Your husband accepted the invitation. You looked up at the tall and slim home. Once inside it was bigger than expected. A little to big for your comfort. Already so home sick. Just as Sarcher said men arrived with the rest of the belongings. "Dear, go inside and dress into something nicer, will you?"

"Yes, Husband." you lowered your head in a soft bow then left inside to dress. You wanted to wear something from home, but the last time you did that, at your wedding, he told you to change into English attire. You grabbed a soft pink dress with a baby blue and baby yellow flower pattern on it. You quickly returned to your husband and the Colonel. "Beautiful!" cheered the Colonel, your husband gave a small smile. "Thank you, Colonel." you said back. "Speak up, Dear. You sound like a mouse." the Colonel then softly hit your husbands arm, "Leave her be, Andrew. She is a soft woman, I heard her just fine. Come. Let us go to my home and dine with friends!" you slowly approached your husband and held his arm. He liked having you close. It kept him calm, and that's what you needed. Him to be calm.

Once at the dinner everything went smoothly. Sarcher took most of his time talking to you and asking you about your home. He seemed interested but every so often someone would make a joke and they would all burst into horrendous laughter. You would just smile as to not offend them. You needed to keep peace. Sarcher really took an interest in you because your husband asked to switch seats with you at one point, said he wanted to be closer to the wine and all the men laughed but you knew he was jealous and for no reason. You didn't like any of these men. There was no way in the world.