Simcoe x Male Reader with fluff/angst

This was a request from Buffytaro, hope you like it!

Happy Late Fourth of July! And a late Canada Day too! I meant to post this on the fourth but got busy with work and have three other chapters I'm working on aswell.

In this one you have some heartbreak trauma from an ex lover and find it hard to let anyone else in, then he comes along.

TW: bad ex lover, panic attack

Enjoy ya'll!!!

You lived in Setauket all your life. You didn't really have many friends. You would hang around but never engage, especially when it came to dancing. The other sex wanted so desperately to dance with you, you always said you had two left feet but in truth, in all honesty, you were in love at the time. Just that one time in your life to be correct. A fellow farmer, Silas Redline, and he broke your heart. He broke your heart into pieces and you had no one to tell of this pain besides your sister, Anna.

While you didn't have many friends, you had associates you were close with. Abraham Woodhull and Selah Strong for example. You helped in their stock and found you did, over time, become good friends with Mr. Strong, especially after he married your sister. You were surprised because Anna was in love with Abe. You both had trouble with love.

When the red coats came into town you asked Selah if he wanted you to work for him to help with the flow of new people. He agreed. Anna appreciated it too, a lot of men that disrespected her heard from you and Selah. You most importantly.

One red coat never disrespected Anna, never rose his voice or tone to you. You never held a long conversation with the man but would nod and acknowledge each other. A Lieutenant John Graves Simcoe. He was cute, you could admit that, but that wig did nothing for him. You smiled to yourself. "Welcome back." you said as you opened the tavern doors to let in the guests.

"Mr. Smith." greeted Lieutenant Simcoe. "Lieutenant." you nod to him. He walks past and joins Captain Joyce and some others at a table. The day went by like any other, then Abraham walked in the door and asked you where Selah was. You pointed him out and the two of them began to talk, Anna joined for only but a moment. You continued on with the patrons and then you heard a loud scuttle, a fight, The Captain, Abraham, and Selah. Lieutenant Simcoe pulled them apart and took Abraham and Selah outside.

You hated what this was becoming, how the world changed so soon. Your brother in-law to be sent away and Abraham too most likely, knowing the Captain. Hopefully when you tell Hewlett what happened he would go harder on Joyce and less so on Abe and Selah. You would talk to him tomorrow.

You woke in the morning and rode your horse only to find that redcoats were riding away, you heard news that Captain Joyce was found dead. Abe was being accused with Simcoe leading the chase. He was Captain now. Getting the promotion when Joyce died. Abe returned he told you and Anna how he met Caleb and saw Ben all dressed up in blue and gold. He didn't want to spy at first but quickly did. You would help but it was mostly Abe's work and Anna being the signal and getting information from Abbigail. You had left town relatively quickly into Abe's spy work.

You had received a letter from your former lover. To make haste to his home. So you did. You didn't want to get your hopes up but there was a part of you that wished he changed his mind about marrying you and running away together. It made your heart feel heavy to think about that, to stop having that hope, that he probably just wanted something from you like always.

You arrived to his home and he quickly opened the door. "Silas."

"Mr. Smith." he said, making your jaw sour. "'Mr. Smith', he says. So... you...What do you want?" you looked at him, slight water in your eyes. "Mr. Redline?"