Washington x Reader (Reader Dressed as Man)

This one was a special request from my best friend, Mel, I hope you like it my precious wifu. This has a lot of words. Also, I am so sorry...

WARNING!!!! I hope you all like this one, it was very...full of drama and twists and turns... and death...the readers death to be more specific. Read if wish. Let us jump right in, shall we?

---------------

You quickly pulled your hair back and into a low hanging ponytail. You then got a scarf and tight shirt to flatten your chest. You got a sock that you had stuffed with cotton and other fabrics and began to button it to your underclothes' to make a fake bulge. Another day dressed as a man. When you signed up you said you were younger than you actually were, to explain the young girly-ness of your face, you told them a false first name but true last name.

You were surprised to get promoted from one thing to the other till you got to Lieutenant. You worked under Major Tallmadge, he and Brewster knew you were a woman. You all grew up together. They were reluctant at first to let you join and to keep your secret but they came around. After you yelled at them of course. 

Ben, Caleb, and yourself were sent to join Benedict Arnold but soon ran into Havens who informed you about Simcoe in Setauket. About how he captured Caleb's uncle, Tall Boy's father, and your cousin. It was a risk, but you all had to go there, after a long day you were able to save your family. Your cousin was happy to see you in the uniform, they were glad to keep your secret. Everyone in town assumed you ran away, some recognized you in that uniform, they said nothing, others had no clue it was you. 

Caleb, Ben, and yourself returned to camp. Things were going smooth, then, the note from Abby, General Lee a Traitor. You and Ben looked at each other with the same look in your eyes. General Washington did not believe you and Ben, saying the paper, General Lee a Traitor,  was too short and lacked context. He then told the both of you that you were excused. 

Over time things came around. You started serving at Washington's side more and more. You were sort of like a right hand man, second to Alexander Hamilton, his actual right hand man. You often read reports with Washington, you and Hamilton wrote countless letters to congress about the conditions in camp. No response, and if there was a response it was a disappointing one to be sure. You in the prosses became good friends with Hamilton, he told you about Eliza, you often gave and provided advice on what a woman might like to read from her beloved. Washington was in the room some of the times. He commented that you knew a lot about the passions and desires of a woman's heart. You quickly responded that you just have a lot of female family and thus just knew the ways of and too a woman's heart. Whenever you all ate, right after you sit in the chair you place a napkin on your lap. Every time, it was just something you did. You always had your morning coffee the same way, [how you like your coffee], just perfect. 

You spent so many days and nights going over deskwork and other obligations you forgot to eat and sleep sometimes. You looked at the clock, five in the morning. You laid your head on the desk and fell asleep. Then around seven awoke to the noise of movement and laughter amongst other noises and sounds from the camp, the men waking up. You couldn't go back to sleep. Washington came into the room to see you there. "Good morning."

"Good morning General Washington." you responded, trying to sound as awake and alive as you could. 

"I would like to discuss some things with you, while walking outside, Hamilton is away for the time, this would require a letter to congress."

You sit up and grab your coat, "Yes, we can discuss and walk if you so wish, Sir."

You both walk out the door and see Ben leaving his tent. Washington was talking but you were just so out of it you couldn't help but zone in and out of conversation with him. You just shook your head as he did his old folksy talk of simple things like he always does. You were so zoned out you tuned out the crunching of snow below your feet and gusts of wind past your ear. It was really cold at Valley Forge, too cold, the cold makes you tired. You were already exhausted and tired enough as it was. You had to be focused, but you were so sleepy. You began thinking about home...your cozy bed at home...you were so tired and out of it that it took you a few seconds to realize weight and warmth in one of your hands. You quickly look to see why it was warm only to see yourself holding General Washington's hand, both of you wide eyes. You quickly remove your hand away from his. "I'M SO SORRY!" You turn to face away from him, your back towards him, "Forgive me, Sir." before you could give the General time to say something you quickly rush, no bolt for your tent.