Reader x Hewlett (Part Two)

♥️ PART TWO IS HERE!!!! ♥️

I would first like to say that I am so sorry this part took so long, I have been at work a lot and had writers block in general...I knew where I wanted this story to go...didn't know how to get there, however, now that I am working less I can make more! I am so very excited to share this with you. Let us jump right in folks, Enjoy ♥️

-------------------------------------

You sat down at the table and looked at [FAVORITE FOOD], it looked so good. You missed this. "I can't wait to dig in." you smiled.

Your father held out both his hands and began a prayer. As soon as the prayer was over you began to dig in. You used your hands which wasn't very lady like, Richard and Mary gave you a look but Abe joined you in acting the same.

"Is it not more fun this way?" Abe chuckled.

"Aye, but it is more proper to use the utensils given. The ones presented before you." Richard grumbled.

You and Abe cleaned your hands. "Alright."

You both began to dig in. Hewlett shifted his body to face you, "Do you enjoy your business? Being a farmer, I mean."

"I do. I enjoy it a lot. It, in all honesty makes me really happy."

"I'm glad to hear that. I'm also sure it's easier, dressing as a man when you do transactions and sales?"

"Aye, it's much easier. As a woman they try to cheep you, they think your not as smart and won't know what is a rip-off. Yet, as a boy, I can rip them off." You smile and chuckled lightly.

"Oh, I see." Hewlett was about to ask another question when Richard butted in, "Yes, but would it not be easier to just be wed to a man that can do that for you?"

Food in your mouth, you respond, "No. Not here. They are either; old, married, poor, drunkards, or all of the above."

"What about the redcoat me-"

"The redcoat men? The ones that can die in battle at anytime and leave me widow?" You stood up and push to plate away. "I shall retire for the rest of the night. Excuse me." You then grabbed your belonging and left out the door. Walking home in the dark.

How lonely but very common for you.

Then a voice.

Hewlett, Edmund.

"Going home in the dark?"

"Aye, done it before. No big worry."

"I might worry, come inside. It's warm, and we still need to play charades."

You looked and realized it was cold, cold enough to see your breath. He looked to happy, he must really want to play charades. But, your father is in there. "I must apologize, I can not." You turned away and Edmunds soft voice called out. "Can I at least walk you home?"

"You looked back at him. "Fine, but bring a guard to make sure you get home safely."

You reached the fence of your home. The guard waited at the fencing line while Hewlett walked you another half mile to your actual home.

"Welp, here she is." You opened the front door and stood there in the door way. Hewlett on the porch. "Thank you for walking me here. Truly."

"Oh it was nothing. I would however like to apologize for how uncomfortable it must have been for you. Your father pressuring you to wed. He can't see that you are such a free soul. A bird who should speed there wings, you are a unique individual."