Andre x reader fluff/angst (prt3)

This is the final part to a request from RiseandReighns where the reader gives up everything for Andre but he realizes it too late. Hope you like the finally. 

Enjoy folks!

-------------------------------------

You found that it was getting harder to keep him away. Now Gilbert was to be married aswell, you called her Weswood Two. She asked for Gilberts hand so much he said yes just as you did with Weswood. 

You just had to hope he would take the bate and be reeled in by Andre's fishing line and be sent to rebel camp to be a spy. You soon hosted a dinner party with other red coats and soon enough he announced your engagement. Gilbert sent a letter to Andre informing him of your situation and Weswood too told you he told Andre of such news. "I had to inform my new friend and acquaintance Major Andre of my engagement to such a beautiful woman as you." You so hoped Andre would rush the plan, pulling Weswood away from you and save you, to be reunited in his arms. 

It broke your heart to see the look upon your fathers face when Weswood made your engagement public, it would be harder to break things off now as your father so hoped you could do. His heart was clearly breaking seeing you fall victim to the life he had, a loveless marriage, a cold marriage. This wasn't the life he wanted for you, and you couldn't tell him why this was going on, you wanted too, but you had to think of Andre and the ring of spy-work he forged. 

"Can you break things off with Weswood?" your father spoke through cracking voice. "I wish I could father but I can't"

"Why not?"

"I fear I will loose his friendship, besides, I..." you saw his heart breaking. "I will..." your heart begins to break. "I have to do what I must, and that is that." you cover your father with a blanket. "It will be cold tonight, I will warm up the fire." The silence was loud, too loud. You tossed in two logs to the fire, "Good night, Father." you stood in the doorway, "James and I will be married, but not soon, I can promise I will push it off as much as I can."

"Till that Major comes back, yes?" he smiled. You gave a reassuring smile back. "Night, Papa." you close the door. "Dearest daughter." your mother spoke. "When will your wedding day be? Fall is around the corner, that would be a lovely time of year to marry."

"I think the summer, or next Christmas season would fare well."

"Don't be ridiculous. You aren't getting any younger." she pokes at your stomach. "I am still in my youth, I have time." you go to run up the stairs. You saw your mother roll her eyes, at the top of the stairs stood Weswood. "James." He kisses your cheek. "Major Andre is a most interesting man. He has just told me he works with spies. How fun. Let me read you his letter."

"Please James, I just want to go to bed."

"I am an expert in the work of spies and do believe you would be a most valuable asset, I would like to cordially invite you into my field of work. I also wish you great happiness in your engagement to Miss [y/n], a fine young lady to be sure. A sight to behold on the arms of a most enlightening man." he read to you. You were happy the spy-work peaked Weswood's interest, however your heart broke with Andre congratulating Weswood on his engagement to you, you knew Andre didn't mean it, that he had to keep appearances, but it still hurt and stung you. "Does spy-work interest you? Maybe then you will be seem for your greatness."

"You think so?"

"I know so." your voice cracking. "You alright [y/n]? Your voice-?"

"Just tired, i am retiring to bed. excuse me." you go past him and close the door to your room behind you sliding down the door and begin to cry. Begging that this would all end. You had to keep stalling the wedding. You would need Gilbert to rescue you again.